Creepshow Father's Day Cake - EDIBLE Prop Replica

Hedjii72

Sr Member
I have always wanted to make the famous "Father's Day" cake from Creepshow, and this year I finally got around to it. Should taste pretty good. Yellow cake with whipped cream and buttercream icing. Here's the screen caps:
2zh46ix.jpg
eiw9px.jpg
And here's my cake before I lost my cool...
33c979z.jpg
And here is after I ruined it like in the movie...
2d7zgcn.jpg
Happy Father's Day to Me! Mwuhahahahah!!!! Here's the cake, along with my replica comic book and ashtray murder weapon.
nbsv3m.jpg

Very cool. Too bad you couldn't make one using food coloring and silicone caulking for icing and have it as a permanent replica.

Thanks for the positive reactions guys! Was a labor of love, and tasted great too!

Very cool. Too bad you couldn't make one using food coloring and silicone caulking for icing and have it as a permanent replica.

That's a fantastic idea. I wonder what professional bakeries use for their demo display cakes.

I would say make the body of the cake out of styrofoam, and coat it with something like Gesso or bondo, using a knife or spatula to create the right look. Then paint the base white or cream when it is dry. Then use white silicon caulking for the inching. Mix the caulking with food coloring to create the right color and put it into real cake decorating bags with the correct tips. Then apply it like real icing. It should dry holding shape and actually look like real icing detailng.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back