Creating Vines

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ShckByte

Hi all,

Very new here and very new to the world of prop making! Always have loved props and sculpting, but never had enough time to devote to it. Now turning 45, I am ready. Could anyone enlighten me on how to create vines like you see in the Rainforest Cafe or especially in the Indiana Jones series. I'm building a small section in my basement that will house the Golden Fertility Idol and want it as realistic as possible. Also, I'd like to either buy a really good version of the idol or try my hand at it. Thanks!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

KAIBURR

I have done this a few times for forest models and have had luck using craft pipe cleaners wrapped together and then coating them irregularly with bond/acetone mixture. After this sets, either flock with flocking gun or simply coat them with adhesive (white glue) and sprinkle flocking on them (kitchen herbs work too). Hope this helps!

Nathan

Demoriel

I would try getting a roll of cheese-cloth type fabric, Cutting it into large 40" x 12" rectangles, and then soaking them in a mixture of white glue and green acrylic paint. Then simply twirl the strips together and let them dry. Then dry brush them a lighter green and apply to your statue base.