Createx clear coat

MotoGuy75

Hello Fellow fans,

I have a question in regards to Createx clear coat.I recently finished a Predator Bio helmet,and finished it with 2 coats of matte clear coat.After awhile now I have gotten tired of the paint job and want to do a different design.Can I just paint over the clear coat or do I have to sand it down first?

Thanks Daren

I would just go over it with a scotch brite pad to just break the smooth surface. Then a coat of primer then paint. Thats me though. I try and have a good base to paint from.

Depending on how much paint you applied. You can try and get soap and wash it all off.

GET AS MUCH OFF AS YOU CAN. Then, get a primer (i prefer black) and give it a nice one or two coats.

Then start painting again like you did.

Depending on how much paint you applied. You can try and get soap and wash it all off.

GET AS MUCH OFF AS YOU CAN. Then, get a primer (i prefer black) and give it a nice one or two coats.

Then start painting again like you did.

use soapy water to take of paint that has already been sealed with clear coat.. now thats something i would love to see.... would have ot be some serious soap....

dude as scott says.. scuff up the paint and then base coat it.. then go from there..

Thanks guys have primed it with opaque black and hit it with about 5-6 coats of opaque red.Looking good so far,will post pics as I progress.

Daren

use soapy water to take of paint that has already been sealed with clear coat.. now thats something i would love to see.... would have ot be some serious soap....

dude as scott says.. scuff up the paint and then base coat it.. then go from there..
Didnt real the clear coat o__o Clear coat does come off though

Ah, you've already got it primered, but I'll go ahead and throw this in.

Generally, depending on the basecoat - Silver, Gold, what have you, I try to find a primer that matches it. Gray for Silver, Brown for Gold, and so on. Black works well too. I believe that the primer effects the topcoat somewhat.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back