Suggestion Create dedicated update threads?

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by h3pilot, May 10, 2012.

1. h3pilot

h3pilot Active Member

Can the moderators create a dedicated thread for "Official" company updates?
    Or a sub-forum with a thread for each participating company?
    Basically a one stop shop for updates/announcements from the major licensees.

Locked to all but official posts so I doesn't devolve to complaining. Please!

I personally prefer companies to update their web sites or send email directly to customers. But I have noticed that many people want updates in forums and there are companies that do post official information in forums.
    I just find it hard to dig them out of all the threads.

A one stop shop would make them easy to find.

Possible?

2. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Possible? Yes. Going to happen? No.

While I can certainly understand the purpose and point of your request, it is not our place, as a site to place obligation on a licensee. If they want to post updates here or address our members directly, we welcome it, but we aren't going to create something that for all intents and purposes try to force their hand or shame them into posting. Nor are we going to clutter up the site with a bunch of "official" threads that are likely to never be posted in.

3. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

Man, you REALLY have a bug up your bum over this, don't you? Use the "Search" function. That is what it is designed for. :behave

4. h3pilot

h3pilot Active Member

Good points. Like I said, I prefer company web site & email.
    Is there some way to make it easier to find official posts that do get posted?
    Some type of tag that would work with the search function?
    I'm still learning how the forum works. Sorry for posting this in the wrong place originally.

5. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Sure. Since your concern seems to be directed at EFx, you can simply click on the link below to see all of their posts:

the RPF - Search Results

RPF member Gino works with EFx as well and while he isn't an official spokesman for the company, he sometimes gives updates as well.

http://www.therpf.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=436