Cpt. America Shields

truth777

Greetings all...

A few months back, I was inspired to create my own captain america shield. I work on a farm with my father, so needless to say, I had all the equipment I needed at my disposal. The round shields are made from field discs. They are a hardened earth metal and are extremely durable. The back is my own design. I welded on some brackets and forged some handles out of spare metal pieces, ground down the rough edges, and bolted it all together. The strap is an old leather belt.

For the WWII version, I had to do quite a bit of work. The steel was actually bent the opposite way it is now, so I had to do a lot of heating bending and hammering in order to form the correct curvature. The back is the same as the other two.

I know they are by no means perfection. However, I had so much fun making them, and that is what counts.

In the photos, the first and last pictures are the same shield.

Last edited:
Really nice job. I love the hammered look of the WWII shield. Looks super authentic!

Thanks. That shield was my favorite to work on. You should have seen the piece before I put some work into it. Let's just say there was a lot of cosmetic work done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back