Coyle Ultimate Blade Runner 2011V Blaster

Bryancd

Master Member
Well, I just got back from a visit to Rich's home to pick up the latest and final version of the Blade Runer Blaster based off the Wondercon discovered (Thanks Karl Tate!) actual filming prop. Rich had done a few runs of these over the past few years, tweaking it when new discoveries have come to light. This latest version included the new removable ammo clip feature which he is certain was present on the filming prop but never seen on screen. This prop is a true masterpiece and it is HEAVY. Rich also posted a video showing the new features:
Ebay Sales :: MVI_0219.mp4 video by racprops - Photobucket

So without further ado, here are the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 514
  • IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 511
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 411
Well, I just got back from a visit to Rich's home to pick up the latest and final version of the Blade Runer Blaster based off the Wondercon discovered (Thanks Karl Tate!) actual filming prop. Rich had done a few runs of these over the past few years, tweaking it when new discoveries have come to light. This latest version included the new removable ammo clip feature which he is certain was present on the filming prop but never seen on screen. This prop is a true masterpiece and it is HEAVY. Rich also posted a video showing the new features:
Ebay Sales :: MVI_0219.mp4 video by racprops - Photobucket

So without further ado, here are the pics!

OMG, I am so in love with this gun. Have over the years drooled over it...and now that it's as close as you can get to the Hero version...I'm def. gonna start saving me some pennies. I've always heard ONE time in ONE viewing of this film..back in the day, they actual showed a delted scene where Deckard actaully reloads it..not sure if ANY of that film scene exists today, I have never seen any grainy screen grabs of that, so I'm guessing it may be lost forever, much like the scene in Highlander where Connor shows BRenda his sword in bed..(wow, that sounded wrong..lol) Also I knowthat the green leds were on the Hero prop, but are there good screen grabs showing both ends lite up. Need to go back and watch again. Great looking gun, and thanks Richard for making this possible, you'll be hearing from me before the year is out....:cool

Yeah, Rich has a few working guns in progress in his shop. In regards to footage of the ammo clip being removed, Rich can share what he learned but I know he wasn't able to track down a onscreen reference.

I have hear of that reloading scene, but so far no one has show it.

But based on the fact that there were two ammo housings and clips with the oringinal gun and that a couple were sold at auction that makes some four being known, seems very good evendence they were made to shoot such a scene, and I would think they did at some time film Deckard reloading.

At lease two were rigged that because they left the upper housing intact and not cut down to fit the gun, could only be used outside the gun and a switch pulled when they wanted it slipped fulling into the housing.

The things they do in Hollywood on a film...

RIch

Yeah, Rich has a few working guns in progress in his shop. In regards to footage of the ammo clip being removed, Rich can share what he learned but I know he wasn't able to track down a onscreen reference.

Admittedly I enjoyed this vid the most:

THANK YOU for posting that...that was GOLD. Hell makes me debate either getting Richard's full version or maybe a kit to have a real firearm.....and for the record I have grwon up with guns...I am from KY for God's sake...lol Shotguns,rifles,pistols, you name it....and for anyone debating gettting/making a real firearm...if you're not use to one. Please get the proper training in class. Gun safety is a must. "This public service announcement was brought to you by the Tyrell Corporation"...lol

Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos, Bryancd. I think they capture the colour and details of the newest C,S&T blaster beautifully.

Out of curiosity, is the finish on the upper receiver "as first issued" (i.e. like new) or did you ask Rich for something else? I ask because I recently placed an order for this model, with an "as first issued" look, and I would love it if this were the finish I'd be getting. However, in the other photos I've seen to date, the receiver looks brighter than what I'm seeing in your photos.

The problem I have run into is that real stainless steel barrels are also brighter than the photos we have of the 30 year old prop, so that the barrels will not pop out too much I have taken to lighting the blacking finish of the whole gun to closer match these barrels.

IF anyone knows of a simple way to darker these barrels...I might be interested...but bluing is too many steps...

A one step darking system is what I would like...

Rich

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back