Couple of New Sabers in the Collection

jordankarr

Well I just added these to my collection and now I just need to get some kind of display for them both. These two sabers have been my personal choice in sabers from the OT.

To Start things off...
MasterAndStudent.jpg

Master and Student Together again.

OBIANHSaber3.jpg

OBIANHSaber2.jpg

OBIANHSaber1.jpg

Obi-Wan's saber as I have always felt it should have looked like (ANH or RotS)

ROTJSaber1.jpg

ROTJSaber2.jpg

ROTJSaber3.jpg

Luke's Lightsaber (its not exact but darn close...)

NICE ..

What material is the luke made from? It looks shiny like Stainless Steel, rather than the duller look of aluminum. Both look great. Congrats.

Clark

Originally posted by arkangel@Mar 1 2006, 09:50 PM
NICE ..

What material is the luke made from? It looks shiny like Stainless Steel, rather than the duller look of aluminum. Both look great. Congrats.

Clark
[snapback]1196831[/snapback]​

I believe the lukes made from a high grade aircraft aluminum but i used Mothers Aluminum and Mag polish on both of them. The Obi Emitter and the Luke where polished up so they would shine nicely. You can actully see their reflections in the sintra that I used as a back drop.

Great pair of sabers. :) I really like the Obi - it seems to be more what it should have looked like than the MR.

Thanks for the heads-up on the polish, too. I have a couple Alum sabers I wouldn't mind trying it out on.

I've got an Obi AFBB in the pipeline (maybe two if Serafino is able to do a few more parts :) )and looking at yours I really think the ROTS circuit board is a great touch. Do you know where I can get one?

Originally posted by tk421mv7@Mar 2 2006, 01:17 AM
I've got an Obi AFBB in the pipeline (maybe two if Serafino is able to do a few more parts :) )and looking at yours I really think the ROTS circuit board is a great touch.  Do you know where I can get one?
[snapback]1196991[/snapback]​

I got an extra. If you want it shoot me a pm.

Yeah I really liked the RotS control strip. So I figured what the heck and it looks really nice in the saber. Bubbles would be used if I made myself a weathered Honest ANH version, but right now this version I prefer that strip.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Originally posted by tk421mv7@Mar 1 2006, 09:17 PM
I've got an Obi AFBB in the pipeline (maybe two if Serafino is able to do a few more parts :) )and looking at yours I really think the ROTS circuit board is a great touch.  Do you know where I can get one?
[snapback]1196991[/snapback]​

It may take a while, but I'm bloody well going to get the emitters out and at least do an interest thread on a truly accurate steel grenade. ;)

I am all for a steel grendade to go with the steel booster run thats in the works. I want steel items when I do the Weathered ANH saber so it can weather naturally.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back