Cottingley Fairy / Goblin Corpses

test pull looks pretty good...couple of air bubbles on the sides where the wood base is but nothing that can't be sanded away.
i might mix a tiny batch of silicone and patch the bubbles in the mold...if not i'll just break out the dremel...you know how it goes.
the wings actually have detail! so that nasty first batch of silicone i was telling you about actually did it's job!
tomorrow i will take the dremel to it and give it a black wash so we can get a better look at it....right now it's stark white so a photo is pointless it just looks like a white blob lol.

Awesome! fingers crossed. :popcorn

Hehe, nice! I was working a bit today on one that is built into the bottom half of an old box. I sculpted some recesses to put the remains of a fairy in and I plan on having it half in a few puddles of water using clear resin. After looking at it for a bit from afar it looks like a creature's footprint! Like it got smooshed! I'll post pics of it when it's a bit further along.

test pull looks pretty good...couple of air bubbles on the sides where the wood base is but nothing that can't be sanded away.
i might mix a tiny batch of silicone and patch the bubbles in the mold...if not i'll just break out the dremel...you know how it goes.
the wings actually have detail! so that nasty first batch of silicone i was telling you about actually did it's job!
tomorrow i will take the dremel to it and give it a black wash so we can get a better look at it....right now it's stark white so a photo is pointless it just looks like a white blob lol.

LOL that would be a cool idea...make like an impression of big foot with a smooshed fairy in the bottom!
was it big foot...or an oger....or maybe a troll...who knows?!?!?!

cryptozoologists say it's the most important discovery in history...proof of big foot and fairies in the same find!
turn to page 13 of the enquirer to read more! :eek

Hehe, nice! I was working a bit today on one that is built into the bottom half of an old box. I sculpted some recesses to put the remains of a fairy in and I plan on having it half in a few puddles of water using clear resin. After looking at it for a bit from afar it looks like a creature's footprint! Like it got smooshed! I'll post pics of it when it's a bit further along.

well...........

i did a quick test pull out of the mold and then sanded and painted it black.
tossed on a couple quick dry brush layers so we could take a look at the detail...for those of you who don't know, i was using pretty old silicone so it was a shot in the dark.

i feel it pulled off it's job nicely ....guess i'll have to start pouring resin and crank out a few.

fossilpull1.JPG fossilpull2.JPG fossilpull3.JPG

the wings will be a lot nicer if i take my time dry brushing instead of rushing it....but you get the gist of it.
:cool

I'm confident that i can make that casting look badass. The detail in the wings was preserved nicely in the process too, nice!

The idea of the color scheme kinda reminds me of a charred fairy in a pile of ash.

Here's one for my personal collection I'm working on. I'm sure Ultraman and I will be implementing water effects in at least one fairy very soon in another in the growing collection of things we offer for sale. This corpse will be in a small puddle... possibly even a footprint

Oh! and I added some color to my last one. I'll add some small dead leaves as soon as I find some that look good.

well...........

i did a quick test pull out of the mold and then sanded and painted it black.
tossed on a couple quick dry brush layers so we could take a look at the detail...for those of you who don't know, i was using pretty old silicone so it was a shot in the dark.

i feel it pulled off it's job nicely ....guess i'll have to start pouring resin and crank out a few.

View attachment 523793 View attachment 523794 View attachment 523795

the wings will be a lot nicer if i take my time dry brushing instead of rushing it....but you get the gist of it.
:cool

the red peddles you added really helped that one out a lot!!!!!!
now it has more of a pretty "japanese garden" feel to it.

i started painting mine in all tans but thought the color scheme didn't have enough contrast to make out the fairy ; thus the reason i went with grey and white.
but after you made the "ash pile" reference i thought, "hay why don't i run with that and make it look more like ash and probably a few coal embers still smoldering?!?!?"

not all fairies die in nice ways. we might as well have as many different variations as possible to keep it interesting.

we'll call mine: 1.) "what hobbits find after cleaning out the fireplace" or 2.) "in the dragon's wake"

i look forward to seeing the big foot squished one! lol
and i'm putting together ideas of making a soldier one with little arrows all in him and his aged little uniform!

stay tuned kiddies....more to come in the: "fairy death series"
-ultra:ninja

Fantastic!

These remind me of sideshow gaffs you see pop up at fairs and traveling circuses from time to time.

I'f you don't mind me asking what are you using for the skeleton? These seem like they would be super fun to make!

Aresh Septango that's pretty wicked! nice to see other people working on them as well!
thanks for sharing...i'd love to see any others you make in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't added to this thread in ages, but I had an urge to make a few of these. Not sure if it's any improvement but Its more enjoyable and quicker to just 3d print the skull and sculpt a lot more of the detail. Anyone else make one recently?

fay3.jpgfay2.jpgfay1.jpg

I've been playing around with my resin printer and epoxy sculpt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back