Costumes on mannequins: How do you avoid poking

PropReplicator

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I want to get some "real" mannequins for my costumes, but I don't want to poke holes in the pants legs of my costumes for the metal support bars for the mannequin.

What's the trick?

W.

Originally posted by PropReplicator@Dec 13 2005, 09:28 AM
I want to get some "real" mannequins for my costumes, but I don't want to poke holes in the pants legs of my costumes for the metal support bars for the mannequin.

What's the trick?

W.
[snapback]1134778[/snapback]​

I use 1/2 inch plumbing pipe to support my "bendy" mannequin. I have a 60" long pipe connected to a flange that is attached to plywood. I have a T at the end of the long pipe to 6" pipes extend out. Elbows are put on the ends and then 2 4" pipes extend from each elbow.

I have my Vader costume on it. Works well. I actually use the belt straps for the costume and fasten them around the pipes to ensure it will not fall over.

Hope that helps.

Scott

I removed all the supports for my mannequin after I had trouble displaying my DD suit on it. Short of cutting a hole in the left boot and two holes in the jacket I didnt have many options.
I just got a 6 foot metal bar and attached a bracket to the back of the neck of the mannequin. The top of the pole rests on the bracket, I then attached the bottom of the bar to the base I knocked together for it. Worked better than I thought it would.

So I'm fine as long as nothing I put on it wants to wear a necklace :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back