Costume Station Zero - A Cosplay Podcast

manofsteel25

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to let everyone know the new Cosplay Podcast I've been devising with the help of several friends recently is now finally up and running. Do drop by and check it out! :) Things will seem a bit Dr. Who heavy but I do plan to spread out to other characters and areas as I continue and expand to a larger gamut of Costumers I've been in touch with.

Costumers/cosplayers, designers, enthusiasts, photographers, collectors are all welcome. If you have a suggestion about a topic or question then drop me a line.

Costume Station Zero

Art/Web Design and Original Theme Music by Scott Sebring. Spoken Vocals by Simon Russell.

FYI here's the iTunes link for those who want to subscribe or prefer their podcasts strictly this way:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/costume-station-zero-podcast/id562106815

First episodes are now up featuring Scott Sebring, Ewan Anderson aka E-Wan and Vickie Sebring in a round Table as well as Andy Teal aka Loomborn from the Prydon Academy.

Ep 1 - Cosplay 101 Roundtable
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Ep 2- Andy Teal aka Loomborn with 7th Doctor and Dragon Con talk
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Eps 3, 4 & 5 feature Voice Artist Wally Wingert talking Batman, Austin Powers, Beetlejuice, Andy Kaufman, Elvis, costume collecting and more. Plus some serious Dr. Who Tenth Doctor talk with Kevin Coppa and 5th Doctor/Convention talk with Kevin Kittridge. Check it out!

Wally Wingert:
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Kevin Coppa- 10th Doctor Talk
Costume Station Zero

Kevin Kittridge 5th Doctor talk
Costume Station Zero

Eps 6 & 7 feature Bryan Little/Mette Hedin talking about Masquerades, Vashta Nerada, Cassandra, Silurians, Sutekh and the Gangers and also Ron Daniels aka Greatwazoo42 and I getting into Ren Faire, the 8th Doctor, Sonic Screwdrivers, and meeting Sylvester McCoy.

Bryan Little and Mette Hedin - Dr. Who Monster Talk: (pts 1 and 2)
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Ron Daniels/Greatwazoo42 - 8th Doctor Talk (pts 1 and 2)
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Eps 8 and 9 feature Valerie Perez talking about Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch, Zatanna, Dragon Con, coming out of your shell, fan films and the pros and cons of latex. Also Paul Salamoff and I get into our Morbius Monster Build, what it takes to make an Ice Warrior, the joy of making something from found objects, the Octopus from Ed Wood and some neat stories behind the scenes on a Hollywood set!

Valerie Perez - Wonder Woman: (pts 1 and 2)
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Paul Salamoff - Creature Feature (pts 1 and 2)
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Eps 10 & 11 feature Chris Pocock and John Walker of Classic Doctor Who Props about thier original costume and prop collection (including a complete original 6th and 7th Doctor Costume), TARDIS & Dalek replicas plus meeting Colin Baker & Sylvester McCoy!
Also E-Wan aka Ewan Anderson and I talk conventions, glories, mishaps and dive into the 11th Doctor's Costume as seen in Series 5.

Chris Pocock and John Walker - The Real McCoys: (pts 1 and 2)
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Ewan Anderson - The High Council of Tweed
Costume Station Zero

Current Halloween Ep 12 features a roundtable with Scott, Vickie, Kevin K., and Ewan/E-Wan discussing past Halloween Favorite Costumes, Candy, Traditions, Turnips and Taco Mix. You'll have to hear it to fully understand:

Halloween Talk Roundtable
Costume Station Zero
Costume Station Zero

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Costume Station Zero Ep 13 Robot in Disguise Pt 1 now up!

Malaki Keller (aka Wondersquid - the main brain behind the current Umbrella Run) and I talk about ins and outs of Prop Making in the film/TV industry, cardboard robots, TransFormers and the Green Goblin in this episode. Check it out!

Costume Station Zero

Episode 15 The Prop Meddler now up!

Celebrity Car Builder and Prop Tinkerer Brian Uiga (aka Too_Many_Cars around these parts) and I discuss Herbie the Love Bug, James Bond Cars, Restoring the TARDIS Console and Enterprise bridge as well as Sonic Screwdrivers and SciFi Props. Check it out!

I:
Costume Station Zero

II:
Costume Station Zero

Brian can be found on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.uiga?ref=ts&fref=ts

More on Herbie & Star Cras here: LoveBugFans.com - The Ultimate Herbie Community, and here: Star Car Central-Famous TV and Motion Picture Cars

You can see the Star Cars in person at the Hollywood Christmas Parade on Sunday Nov. 25th - The Hollywood Christmas Parade | 6:00 PM ? November 25, 2012

Enterprise Bridge Restoration here: New Starship and the kickstarter is here: Star Trek Enterprise BRIDGE RESTORATION by New Starship — Kickstarter

The start of my journal on the TARDIS Console Restoration here: honorarydoctor - Chameleon Circuit: The TVM TARDIS Console Restoration Log Pt. I,

Aston Martin: Recreating Bond's Classic Spy Car (66200)

Bond BMW: STAR CARS Ep 007- James Bond 'Tomorrow Never Dies' BMW | CraveOnline

Herbies: STAR CARS Ep 5- Herbie The Love Bug (and his evil twin) | CraveOnline

Episode 15 The Prop Meddler now up!

Celebrity Car Builder and Prop Tinkerer Brian Uiga (aka Too_Many_Cars around these parts) and I discuss Herbie the Love Bug, James Bond Cars, Restoring the TARDIS Console and Enterprise bridge as well as Sonic Screwdrivers and SciFi Props. Check it out!

I:
Costume Station Zero

II:
Costume Station Zero

Brian can be found on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brian.uiga?ref=ts&fref=ts

More on Herbie & Star Cras here: LoveBugFans.com - The Ultimate Herbie Community, and here: Star Car Central-Famous TV and Motion Picture Cars

You can see the Star Cars in person at the Hollywood Christmas Parade on Sunday Nov. 25th - The Hollywood Christmas Parade | 6:00 PM ? November 25, 2012

Enterprise Bridge Restoration here: New Starship and the kickstarter is here: Star Trek Enterprise BRIDGE RESTORATION by New Starship — Kickstarter

The start of my journal on the TARDIS Console Restoration here: honorarydoctor - Chameleon Circuit: The TVM TARDIS Console Restoration Log Pt. I,

Aston Martin: Recreating Bond's Classic Spy Car (66200)

Bond BMW: STAR CARS Ep 007- James Bond 'Tomorrow Never Dies' BMW | CraveOnline

Herbies: STAR CARS Ep 5- Herbie The Love Bug (and his evil twin) | CraveOnline

Episode 16 and 17 now online!

16- Double Dare: Teri Samuels and Christina Stroffolino Keller join me in this episode to talk about Adiposes, Ood, Dr. Who Companions Sarah jane, Dodo and Zoe, SuperHeroines, Hoppy the Marvel bunny, Emma Peel and the importance of comfort for Con Cosplay. Check it Out!

Christina's Livejournal and Etsy shop can be found here: Cult of Tardis and here: MombieZombie Studio by MombieZombie on Etsy

Ep 16 pt I:
Costume Station Zero

Ep 16 pt II:
Costume Station Zero

Ep 17- The Rogue Professors! - Stephen Prescott (Modernboy), Ewan Anderson (E-Wan) and I get Fishsticks-and-Custard-Crazy for the 11th Doctor's series 6 costume from Doctor Who. Check out Stephen's podcast at Doctor Who: A Mad Man with a Box. You can hear Stephen and I discussing my early days of fandom and the Tom Baker Classic Serial "The Face of Evil" last August here: August | 2012 | Doctor Who: A Mad Man with a Box

Ep 17 link - Costume Station Zero

Thanks. Hope you enjoy it. Happy to listen to suggestions and ideas to improve things. I have some superhero based stuff coming up soon and I'm working on getting some Star Trek & Greatest American hero themed podcasts and costume designers on soon as well.

Eps 18 and 19 now online!

Costume Station Zero Ep 18 Bunnies and Roses now up!

Amanda Avery and I discuss Rose Tyler, how she was lured into cosplay with candy, Avengers Bunnies and Iron Man. Check it out!

Costume Station Zero

Costume Station Zero Ep 19 A Good Time All The Time also up!

John Reid Adams and myself discuss The Heath Ledger Joker, the 8th Doctor, original Doctor designs, how a good wig ties it all together and the importance of portraying the character you cosplay. Check it out! Also take a look at John's original Dr. Who Fan Film "A Survivor's Triangle" with his original "13th" Doctor here: Doctor Who: A Survivor's Triangle- Full Movie - YouTube

Costume Station Zero

I'm definitely going to listen to these when I build. I need something in the background otherwise I don't move at all.
Nothing better than people talking about costumes..... while making costumes.:thumbsup

Glad I stumbled on this.

And we're back for 2013! We being our countdown to Gallifrey One with a number of Dr. Who Cosplayers talking nitty gritty. Our First '13 guest is Johanna Mead aka Britgeekgirl, founder and mod of dwcosplay.com. More on Johanna's costumes can be found at skaro.com. Johanna and I discuss Star Trek DS9 roots, Romana I, UNIT wear, The Rani, technique tips and the importance of having a local Star Trek Fan Club. Check it out!

Pt I
Costume Station Zero

Pt II
Costume Station Zero

Episode 23 now up!

Countdown to Gallifrey One continues as I chat with Lyn Adams about about femme Doctors, Grace Holloway, Dragon Con, the Awesomeness of Omega, the importance of a good Rose Wig, the place of Female fans in cosplay and more. Find out more about Lyn and her costumes at her website: Fallyn Angel and more. Check it out!

Pt I:
Costume Station Zero

Pt II:
Costume Station Zero

Episode 24 now up!

Countdown to Gallifrey One continues as I chat with Valerie Anderson and Scott Sebring and we get down and detailed on the 1st Doctor Costume. We talk scarves and hats and more all William Hartnell style. In Pt. III Valerie Anderson, and I continue our chat talking William Hartnell, welt pockets and her other costuming projects. Check it out!

Pt I:
Costume Station Zero

Pt II:
Costume Station Zero

Pt III:
Costume Station Zero

I have to say. I have enjoyed listening to the Podcasts. I really had no idea about Dr. Who and cosplay till I heard your chats. Sounds like a fun group. I met Scott and Vickie at WW 2010 in Anaheim and also from the 66 Batman Message board. He is the one that got me into the costuming 66 batman here in Oregon as well as a Star Trek Red Shirt uniform. Thanks to the shout out with the 501st Legion Stormtroopers. :)

Best to you Bob.

Allan

Glad you've enjoyed them and yeah Scott really pushed me to up my game as well.

We'll be finally spiralling out from Dr. Who after Gallifrey and I'm looking to interview more Superhero and Star Wars guests so let me know if you're interested!

Episode 25 now up!

The Countdown to Gallifrey One Continues! Steve Ricks (pumpkiny) and I discuss his early days of fandom, how he got his start in tailoring and his early efforts on making the 6th Doctor coat, 10th Doctor coat and the Prisoner No. 6 Blazer. We also discuss making Davison & Tom Baker Frock Coats and the Matt Smith Tweed jackets. Then we conclude our chat about his massive 3-years-in-the-making 6th Doctor Coat replica! Check it out! More on Steve here: Making My 11th Doctor Costume, Making My 7th Doctor Costume, Making My 6th Doctor Costume, Making My 3rd Doctor Costume Making My 4th Doctor Costume. Check it out!

Pt I
Costume Station Zero

Pt II
Costume Station Zero

Pt III
Costume Station Zero

Ep 28 - The Designs of June Hudson now up!

Special Guest June Hudson and I discuss her work on Doctor Who (including Tom Baker's Signature costume revamp from Season 18), Blakes 7, A for Andromeda, Survivors and more. Recorded at the Gallifrey One 2013 convention, June was gracious enough to allow time for this lengthy interview and I hope our listeners enjoy! For more on June's Work please go to June Hudson.

Costume Station Zero

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back