Costume Photoshoot

RebelGhirl

Hello All,
Thought you might want to see a sampling of results from the costume photo shoot I had yesterday. A photographer friend has access to a studio space and also took the photos. We "hired" four models in exchange for photos for their portfolios. I asked my pro make-up artist friend to do make-up and hair. My friend shot over 500 photos of 8 replica costumes for cons/events and 3 original designs I had done in school. A sampling of them is here My Imageevent Account in the Costumes & Portfolio folder. My friend is going to spend some time retouching the photos and put them all on CD for me and each of the models and the MUA. I think we got some great shots and I'm very pleased with the results. Going to do it again in the summer. :)

Enjoy.

Jennifer

Thanks.
If you go to my personal costume site in my sig you can see pics of me wearing Jessica 6 from DC 2003.
:)

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Jan 15 2006, 10:58 PM
OMG.  Jessica 6 from Logan's Run?.
Yes, I'm already a fan of yours.  :love
[snapback]1160092[/snapback]​

Thank you much. :) More to come this summer. Didn't get to take photos of everything I've made.

Originally posted by DarkLordVader@Jan 15 2006, 11:05 PM
Your work is awesome. :) Wonderfully done.
[snapback]1160098[/snapback]​

Very nice work.. I had to laugh at the description for your "experimental" though.. sounded like every other classic trek ep. lol..I love your female
Han costume & the LOTR dresses . Thanks for sharing..
Jayn

Wow, great work.. Lots of creativity and craftmanship.

This is not off-topic. I can move it to Replica Props or Costuming, your choice. :)

I suppose this topic does belong in Costuming. Thanks. :)

Originally posted by Treadwell@Jan 16 2006, 11:08 AM
Wow, great work.. Lots of creativity and craftmanship.

This is not off-topic. I can move it to Replica Props or Costuming, your choice. :)
[snapback]1160371[/snapback]​

Thanks all for the compliments. I really appreciate them.

Jayn, I'll have to dig out that assignment paper from my school files and type the scenario into a post. We had four or five to choose from. It was a fun project. Yeah, I love wearing my Han - all I need is the holster. Anyone know someone that can make one for me? I can never reach Ashton. :)

Guntakhkela - My Classic Leia in black was only the second costume I made back in summer 2002. It has since been retired but it might be time to remake it and wear it again. It did look good enough for the shoot though.

Kimmy - Yeah my friend Kristin was my 'Artistic Director'. I think she did a good job. Though the 'sundial' compass looking thing had me laughing when I walked in and saw what she was holding.

Blufive- not JUST an Audioslave fan. I was Asst Wardrobe Stylist on their "Doesn't Remind Me" video last August. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the band since they are not in the video. :(

Originally posted by Jayn@Jan 16 2006, 09:09 AM
Very nice work.. I had to laugh at the description for your "experimental" though.. sounded like every other classic trek ep. lol..I love your female
Han costume & the LOTR dresses . Thanks for sharing..
Jayn
[snapback]1160334[/snapback]​

Hey Rebelghirl,

All of your costumes are very nicely done, but several of them are just exquisite. Congratulations. :)

From a personal standpoint, my favs are Ewok Leia (best I've ever seen), and classic white Cinn. Bun Leia (one of the two best I've ever seen).

Keep up the great work. :thumbsup

The Wook

<blush> Thanks so much. I truly appreciate all the compliments from you and from everyone. :D

My Ewok Leia was one of those costumes I struggled with but finally after weeks of studying photos and watching scenes in ROTJ I just went downstairs to my studio and made it. When I get the rest of the photos in a few weeks, you'll be able to see that the skirt part is split up to where the legs meet the body like the one CF wears in the movie. The hardest part was getting the proportions right. For lack of photos showing the back, I made it laced with leather cording. We did get a photo of that too but I don't have it yet.

My Classic Leia was painstakingly researched, especially the proportions of the hood and how it attaches at the neck. I'm very proud of my Classic Leia costume, though I do need to upgrade the belt. It's seen a lot of wear and tear. I would love to have machined metal parts for the belt someday.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by The Wook@Jan 16 2006, 04:06 PM
Hey Rebelghirl,

All of your costumes are very nicely done, but several of them are just exquisite.  Congratulations. :)

From a personal standpoint, my favs are Ewok Leia (best I've ever seen), and classic white Cinn. Bun Leia (one of the two best I've ever seen).

Keep up the great work.  :thumbsup

The Wook
[snapback]1160584[/snapback]​

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Jan 18 2006, 11:05 PM
My favorite is the Ewok Leia.... as someone else already said it is the best I have seen. Excellent job.
[snapback]1162395[/snapback]​

Yes, that was me. And RebelGhirl, in addition to the beautiful costume you made, kudos to you for a great choice on the model. Her hair really sells it. :thumbsup

The Wook

Thanks. We put out the call, got 50 applicants then chose 4 from those. :)

Originally posted by The Wook@Jan 19 2006, 01:07 AM
And RebelGhirl, in addition to the beautiful costume you made, kudos to you for a great choice on the model.  Her hair really sells it. :thumbsup

The Wook
[snapback]1162620[/snapback]​

Those are some REALLY great costumes. Supurb job.. I liked the idea of Classic Leia in black. Neat twist. The white one was pretty darn cool too.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back