costume in the making! *lots of pics*

JoeSomebody369

Hey guys. Actually received the skin today. I want to first send out a thank you to Jaded for this skin. In my opinion an excellent suit for someone on low budget. Waiting now for my ghost demon hands from ebay to come in to modify them and waiting for Ruffkintoy's raw mask to come in the mail aswell to begin painting and attaching dreads!!! will post more pics as more pieces come in. Anyone give me some background info to making armor out of foamies?

overall cost so far for the hands i have to paint/modify, skin, raw mask = $275. On sort of a low budget with a new car so payments are killing me at the moment but I think its coming along very well so far for what i've purchased with the amount of money i've spent. Will post pictures when the mask comes/after its painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start.
The Vinman templates are a God send if you are using foamies. I put a coat of plasti dip over the pieces before I hit it with the hammered spray paint. works out real well. And it's perfect for a budget because you can knock out alot of armor with 20 buck worth of foamies.

Hey guys here an update

Thank you to Ruffkintoy for sending me this awesome raw mask which is my first pred mask!

I can't wait to start painting this piece hopefully get started next week after this week of finals (which have been killing me ). Here are a few pics of the mask!

good start my friend , you already got the jump on me with skinz , mask looks goooood i know you cant wait to paint that thing i cant neither man im so ichting to slam some paint on this bad boy it hurts ... on mine lol

good start my friend , you already got the jump on me with skinz , mask looks goooood i know you cant wait to paint that thing i cant neither man im so ichting to slam some paint on this bad boy it hurts ... on mine lol

Going to start on the armor next week or over this weekend. Gotta finish somethings up with school first, armor and paint up soon I'm excited to paint it aswell!

Hey guys heres a few pics of the gloves (how they started out) to how they match up with my skin! thanks for blasturbator for the inspiration with these gloves!

Here are the gloves starting out with the base coat

finished next to and on top of my pred body suit

holding one

Still may do a few touch ups here and there though I think some of the spots that are "missing" some of the darker colors makes it look better. about to paint the bottom of them in a few minutes. lemme know what you guys think and any feed back would be much appreciated!

I really wish they made those muscle suits for bigger guys... Not taller just wider, I'm a little large around the middle if ya' feel me :p

I really wish they made those muscle suits for bigger guys... Not taller :p just wider, I'm a little large around the middle if ya' feel me ;)

oh i know what you mean. the suit is really tight on me too because i'm large around the middle too its tough to get on but its a good thing I work at a gym free membership! haha

lucky
I'm gonna stop with the soda and start walking around the block. I really need to lose weight so I can fit into the costumes I plan on makin... I already have my Mandolorian armor in the works, and I just found this KILLER FORUM and I want to make a custom Pread too. :p

I guess I can just get the XL suit and set myself a goal ;)

bro hands looking Awesome !!!!great progress im excited to see your head painted up i havent started mine yet
Happy new year my friend hope the holidays kicked ass for ya keep up the good work

Hey guys its been a real long time since I've updated my thread but I've got a small update!

School and working full-time has really eaten up a lot of my time. With all the various things going on with work and homework and what not I did up end losing a lot of my motivation just from being so worn out all the time. Here is what I did tonight with my mask. I painted it up a bit using brushes for the base coat and than sponges for the colors. I chose not to use an air-brush because the skin I am wearing was not air-brushed either. So basically I wanted to give my Pred mask the same look as my suit a good dirty look came out for just using sponges if I do say so myself. Hope you guys like it! will have another update on sunday when I do some more. Been working on foamies belt too but I want to get it colored before I post the pic.

what'd you use to paint up the eBay monster gloves, I was thinking of doing this too but don't know the first thing about painting latex.

what'd you use to paint up the eBay monster gloves, I was thinking of doing this too but don't know the first thing about painting latex.

Hello Grindy,

I used acrylic paints I bought from Michaels craft store. I took the paint and mixed it with some RD-407 mask making latex from monstermakers.com

heres the link for the latex: http://www.monstermakers.com/product/RD407...-and-Props.html

and I used some cheap brushes from Michaels too because the latex dries on the brushes after sometime and I couldnt use the brushes anymore. Try to look for those cheap "sponge" brushes. Not the ones with bristles

Hope this helps!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back