Costume Help Needed! Who do I look like?

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by mattaiello92, Jun 19, 2015.

1. mattaiello92

mattaiello92 New Member

Hey y'all, I've been trying to come up with a good idea for comic con this year, and I was wanted a second opinion. Who do I look like? I'm not an anime guy, so most of those would be lost on me. Tell me what you think. I'm 6' 2", and fairly athletically built, (Not a huge guy)

Photo on 6-19-15 at 10.19 AM.jpg

2. gothic

gothic Sr Member

don't limit yourself or your imagination its cosplay so it don't matter who you look like its who you wanna be that matters. pick a character from film/tv/games and make it happen, a body suit can make you bigger or have big muscles and if you want to wear a princess leia slave outfit then do it.

George likes this.
  3. Belladonna

Belladonna Active Member

Yes! Exactly :) It's all about who means something to you, which character/costume inspires you. I understand wanting to do the character justice and all that, but if you have the right attitude, makeup, wig etc, that can work wonders. For example, I crossplay, I can go from Catwoman to Jack Sparrow to Peter Pan etc. To me, the huge transformations are the most fun. But if you want some Ideas, that's totally cool :) Maybe something like Jon Snow GOT? Or Matt Murdock from the new Netflix Daredevil :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    George likes this.
  4. George

George Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Gothic and Bella are right.Be yourself and pick what you like; no-one can decide for you.
    But since you asked,with exception of the hair color,you do resemble Rhys Ifans,so how about making a Lizard costume? Hm,that didn't sound right :facepalm but anyway,here's a list you can choose from:
    http://phantombunburyist.freedomforceforever.com/cripp12/AtoB.htm
    If that doesn't help,then I don't know.Good luck and let us know !

5. Pinkratgirl

Pinkratgirl New Member

Your facial hair kind of looks like Tony Stark's so I think you would look good in an Iron Man suit. If you're okay with shaving your facial hair I could see you in a Nova cosplay. Well, good luck on your cosplay! P.S. All these characters are from Marvel.

George likes this.
  6. GotWookiee

GotWookiee Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Others have already pointed out the importance of being passionate about the costume you picked, and have done so better than I could have. So I'll just go to answering your question:

You look like Stannis Baratheon from Game of Thrones. With the right wig you could pull off a great Jon Snow as well.

7. collinE83

collinE83 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

make sure the floating glass follows you around for full effect.