Costume Contest At The Paladium

bodiee

My brother and I went to a sold out paladium in L.A. to see lmfao and far east movement and join the 10,000 dollar costume contest.It didn't go as well as we thought. Almost everyone was telling us we were going to win, they didn't start the costume contest untill they came and found us outside on a smoke break lol. The gay thing was we didn't even make the final cut.... The top 3 were all store bought costumes that consisted of green army man, tapatio guy, shrek and fiona.....here are some pics.
amps-masquerade-costume-contest-6.jpg

far-east-movement-at-amps-masquerade-party-6.jpg

amps-masquerade-costume-contest-5-1-1.jpg

amps-masquerade-costume-contest-6.jpg

amps-masquerade-costume-contest-7.jpg

And first place 10,000 dollars is !!!
img_7626.jpg

yeah costume contest suck bad....
pretty much any contest that involes a large audience sucks, my wife signs amazingly,
a few years ago she entered a signing contest in the local watering hole, she was out of all the contestants the best one there.
to the point when it came down to her and another chick, the judges said that they where going to let the audience judge the final vote.
and up until then the audience had no say in who won.....
after the fact all 3 judges came up to her and said they where sorry but she(my wife) should have won...

so i say to hell with contests....
if you enter and win awesome,
but lose to a store bought "Snooki" is ridiculous!!!

And yes Bodie the suit looks great up there!

i was out last night wit my pred costume for the first time here in jersey at a club and i went into the top 15 and he picked 5 .. i wasnt picked but bumble bee from transformer was lol

the sad thing was out of the 15 people 3 people acutly left the constume becasue they said to me straight up i was gonna win

how was the concert part of the gig? Awesome suits. BTW, Bodiee, I told my co-director/co-actor/producer that you and you're bro wanted to be preds in my fan-film and he said he was cool with it too. Wanna hunt end of November @ Ontario Mills?

how was the concert part of the gig? Awesome suits. BTW, Bodiee, I told my co-director/co-actor/producer that you and you're bro wanted to be preds in my fan-film and he said he was cool with it too. Wanna hunt end of November @ Ontario Mills?
sweet dude! i should have a spare suit done by then.
its why I never enter costume contests. Suits look great Bodie ..hey..where in SoCal are you?
I live in the ontario / upland area 909/951 about 45 mins from LA. Would be cool to meet up and grab a drink. I should be bringing at least 4 guys with me to comic con when it rolls around again.

Man I am sorry to hear that :( That is why I stopped entering those too... when my predator... along with many MANY other amazing costumes lost by over 1000 votes to a slutty pikachu costume... i decided there was no hope for a decent contest haha. Your suits look killer!

I wonder how many are actually fixed? Seems to happen often, some of the best costumes aren't even in the top 5.
Guess the right venue would be important? After trying a few years, we found it more fun just to walk the streets downtown in the suits, way fun!

I hear ya. We are going to hit one more tomorrow at either eden or menage.. I will loose all hope if we Don't win that one.

Man don't worry about it! I hate it when we lose to costumes that are no where near as good as the Lair's costumes. Me and Blasturbator went to downtown Orlando and entered their contest for $3000.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/26652-church-street-predators-2011-heavy-pic-load/

The extremely funny thing about that is that we lost to .............BOB ROSS!!!! Yes the painter from U.S. public television. I couldn't believe it too. It seems like when you have a crowd for best costume, the crowd or judges usually go for the character, not how impressive the costume is. I know if we all wore our costumes to a place that loves movie themed cosplay, then we would kick butt.

Bottom line, your costumes were bad ass. The quality of your suits speak for themselves!!!!!

So, about that guy on the left who's wearing blue posing trunks and not much else... what the hell kind of costume is that? And how did he get into the finals? I think he was just there to show off his junk, or to show off the hairstyle that came from sticking a bobby pin into an electrical outlet. I'm not sure why someone like that, along with the Richard Simmons-type guy in the center, really belongs on stage with a Predator.

As far as the green army guy goes, I think we used to melt them with magnifying glasses or with matches when we were young and bored. Or, if we forgot to pick them up and couldn't find them, Mom would occasionally catch one with the vacuum cleaner.

OK, enough smartass comments. Your suits look good, and I'm sure the crowd respected you guys, even if you didn't win the contest.

..... epic! Lol this pic is too damn funny, who's that on the left and is he doing what I think he is? XD or just bad timing on the pic?

Anyways, seems those damn contests arent really fair, least thats what Ive heard. I dont have a pred costume myself yet, and Ive never been to one of those contests, so in all fairness I cant really say anything XD other than thats really unfair that you lost to STORE BOUGHT costumes....

Also, I cant get over that pic, lmao.

HA nah thats not bad timing on the pic... My brother is always doing the sexy body rub dance. lol You should have seen him in the ironman costume, the poses were a lot worse. Example
75641_171815616162978_100000036223494_624940_7308283_n.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back