Costume Advice - Trailer Park Boys

GuldantheWarlok

I'm new here, so if this is not the right place to be asking this, I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to put together a costume for my friend to go as Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. One of the unique things about the costume is of course the glasses. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on a good way to replicate them for a costume. I know the actual prop for the shoe is a pair of prescription glasses they found in a pawn shop somewhere. Is there a way to get the effect without using actual glasses and risking eye damage?

I purchased a cheap pair of costume glasses off of Amazon but was rather disappointed as they did not give an enlarging effect despite what was pictured, and the glasses were very cheap and didn't really fit an adult face.

Or would I be better off paying to have an actual pair of glasses made and have them wear it sparingly for photos?

Thanks for any advice.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back