Cosplay Failures

Well, you know, at least these people are secure enough in themselves to go out in public and... no, wait, I can't defend these.

There's something to be said about picking a costume that's right for your body type, build, and gender. Maybe some of these cosplayers have such an attraction to their favorite character that they don't realize it's not appropriate for them to cosplay it. For example, I don't have the black hair and the beard to be able to play Billy Mays. (Also, he isn't a fictional character.)

I did a search for "predator costume fail", just in case anyone was poking fun at one of us, and I found this one: "Predator Technology Fail". A guy in a Predator suit has a problem getting a digital camera to work.

Well, you know, at least these people are secure enough in themselves to go out in public and... no, wait, I can't defend these.

There's something to be said about picking a costume that's right for your body type, build, and gender. Maybe some of these cosplayers have such an attraction to their favorite character that they don't realize it's not appropriate for them to cosplay it. For example, I don't have the black hair and the beard to be able to play Billy Mays. (Also, he isn't a fictional character.)

I did a search for "predator costume fail", just in case anyone was poking fun at one of us, and I found this one: "Predator Technology Fail". A guy in a Predator suit has a problem getting a digital camera to work.

I know exactly what you mean, Todd. That's the main reason that I won't do my pred skin until I get in better shape. But there is a major difference between them and us. The difference with our pred suits (And other costuming some of us do here on the lair) is that we pour everything we have into making these costumes look as real and professional as possible. We don't (For the most part) just go out and buy a mass produced costume and say "Look who I am!" These suits take months, and some times years to put together as well as an insane amount of dedication. If someone, as you said, want to dress up as their favorite character, they have every right to, though that doesn't mean that the should. I would love to make a Cloud Strife or Sephiroth costume, and I am comfortable enough with myself to wear that kind of costume. But I won't do it for the simple fact that I know it would look horrible. It would NOT look like the character. It would look like a lot of the people in that video, and I wouldn't want to insult the character like that. I'd rather come up with something original.

wow, am i the only one that thinks this is mean?

let's make fun of overweight people and people who we dont find attractive.
that's really not in the nature of the hobby. a lot of those pics weren't even cosplaying and were taken out of context. i think i even saw a homeless person in there.
so what if you don't fit the body type, most everyone doesnt fit the body type of fictional characters, because they are drawn to unrealistic proportions.
if someone wants to dress as their favorite character more power to em.
every single one of you should thrown away your pred suit because none of you are over 7 feet tall.

wow, am i the only one that thinks this is mean?

let's make fun of overweight people and people who we dont find attractive.
that's really not in the nature of the hobby. a lot of those pics weren't even cosplaying and were taken out of context. i think i even saw a homeless person in there.
so what if you don't fit the body type, most everyone doesnt fit the body type of fictional characters, because they are drawn to unrealistic proportions.
if someone wants to dress as their favorite character more power to em.
every single one of you should thrown away your pred suit because none of you are over 7 feet tall.
Nothing I’ve said is something I won’t say to them. I won’t hide behind internet anonymity.

By itself I won’t consider myself mean. Yes, some them are funny. After the wow factor wears off, some of these are still well thought out. By the end of it I really didn’t need to see yet another guy dressed like Sailor Moon. You can’t tell me a guy with a beard wasn’t looking for laughs on that one.

At some point you have to think of yourself as a prop or part of a prop in becoming a character. If you don’t have enough details to convey what you want then you’ll have to live with the question of… “Who are you supposed to be?” (What made him Goku vs. an escaped convict?) Even with a 7’ Predator standing in front of them, there will still be people that don’t get “it”.

Do I think some of them should have stayed at home? No. They all looked like they were having fun(except for homeless Spongebob). And that is what it is about.

You guys are ******.

-100 cool points for the lair on this one. So what, overweight people can't cosplay? unattractive people can't cosplay? There is nothing different between those people and you guys. We all like costumes here. I don't see you pointing out the overweight or midget predators on the Lair... I guarantee you'd be annoyed as **** if you saw your suit that you love and enjoy wearing showing up in a video like this. Yeah, crossdressing and not fitting the physique of the character can look silly... but who cares? They are those characters because thats who they like.

Pretty disappointing to see how you guys can make fun of a select group of people who are enjoying the hobby just as you are. There is some irony in this thread which is the only thing I find amusing.

Complete trash.

I don't think it was the intention of this thread to poke a kid with a stick,.....
i looked at it more like laughing that someone put all that together ,.....
everyone is at diff levels hell only thing i have is a bio so far so ,....
if nothing else like what was said earlier,.....some WERE meant to be funny it's obvious,...
and were the only ones i found amusing to that point,......

i don't have the bully in me that pokes fun at a big kid trying to play a gremlin,....
if nothing else now that i'm old as **** and have a little boy it makes me smile to see younger kids INTO these kinds of things,...
if nothing else they should laugh at us 30-40 year olds dressing in latex to act like something we are not,.....

just my opinion ,....as were every other post on here,......

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back