CoolC's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Coolc

This is my first ever entry to theRPF Halloween Costume Contest. This year costumes, like the past 2 years, have always been focused on Halo universe. The costumes that I am presenting are the Halo 4 Master Chief for my 12 year old boy and Halo 4 Warrior 9 year old boy. Why Halo? Quite simply because of its numerous options of mix and match in terms of coming up with the best armors. Plus, Halo is my kids favorite video games - they can only play the video game only if they meet my minimum grade from school.

The costumes are mostly done in EVA foam because it enables mobility unlike using the traditional Pepakura/resin/fiberglass method. The helmets are done with Pepakura, resin and rondo. Getting the helmet to be perfect is the most challenging.

There are some Pepakura files available for the armors that I was building. Howevery, they were not made for foam and most of them are inaccurate. Finally I resort to scratchbuilding the entire suit.

I started making costumes 3 years ago. I was tired and not happy with store bought costumes. Searching around the web, I found 405th. From that point, "the rest is history." I started using the traditional method and then I found out about EVA foam from theRPF. After a few tries I got a hang on how to use EVA foam. After 2 years of learning cutting and sticking foam, I can say I master most of it. However, everything I start making the costumes I keep learning new way of using the foam.

To share my skills, I created a YouTube channel CoolCostume - YouTube.

My first every video is a tutorial on foam. So far I received some good feedback from my viewers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Halo 4 Master Chief and Warrior 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Here are some progress shots of building the Warrior.

A screenshot of a video when I was completing the helmet.

The helmet close to completion.

A few progress photos of Halo 4 Master Chief.

And here are some photos of the helmet being completed.

And the finished armors ready for Halloween next week.

Warrior 1.jpg
Warrior 2.JPG
Warrior 3.JPG
Warrior 4.JPG
Master Chief4b.JPG
Master Chief 1.jpg
Master Chief 2.JPG
Master Chief 3.JPG
Master Chief4a.jpg

Attachments

• Warrior 5a.jpg
    Warrior 5a.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:

And a quick proof of the costumes (well, not fully) with RPF on the background.
IMG_3479.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 161
Thank you for the consideration. This video was posted a while ago showing the costumes.

And if any of you follow YouTube, specifically VSAUCE, my kids costumes were featured in one of his videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it 3D printed ... and i think it was then i would say good clicking job :D Today with 3D printers hand made armors are almost a thing of the past if not already a thing of the past. Oh well i guess it is my turn to buy a 3d Printer and make stuff with it... :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back