Cool StarTrek Sword of Kahless found by Alec Peters

woofpug

StarTrek expert Alec Peters found the hero Sword of Kahless in LasVegas and posted about it a few days ago. Cool. I bet that sells for a pile of cash at their next auction. The hero and everything.

ApetersHeroTrekprop.jpg

StarTrek expert Alec Peters found the hero Sword of Kahless in LasVegas and posted about it a few days ago. Cool. I bet that sells for a pile of cash at their next auction. The hero and everything.

I think you misunderstand. He didn't "find" anything and the hero Sword of Kahless certainly isn't going to be sold by the studio. Propworx has merely been working with the studio on cataloging their Star Trek assets and liquidating unneeded items which used to be associated with the Star Trek Experience in Vegas--most of the stuff they've sold is stuff made specifically for the Experience, which was not used on the actual show. Case in point is that Klingon throne which Alec mentions will be for sale--not screen used, just an extra made for display in Vegas. The Sword of Kahless will no doubt stay in the studio's own archives.

Although, judging from your previous posts, you're probably just being sarcastic. Or is that "sardonic" instead of "sarcastic"? "Sardonocastic" perhaps? :)

Last edited:
Where was that sword used? It certainly doesn't look anything like the one the TNG episode where it was found, or the DS9 'Sword of Kahless' episode...

Most obvious is that the Klingon insignia is not cut out on the screen-used one...

Is this from another episode maybe? Just not sure where it's from... Or is it a hero made for the Experience?

Where was that sword used? It certainly doesn't look anything like the one the TNG episode where it was found, or the DS9 'Sword of Kahless' episode...

Most obvious is that the Klingon insignia is not cut out on the screen-used one...

Is this from another episode maybe? Just not sure where it's from... Or is it a hero made for the Experience?

Good memory--I hadn't even noticed. :confused I guess Alec was mistaken and that's just a replica made for the Experience.

Yeah that is not the Screen-used sword, not even the same design

iirc the Hero is already in someones collection

Well, the shape certainly looks identical to the one used in the DS9 episode "The Sword of Kahless".

However, the screen used one had much more intricate patterns on it, plus the Klingon symbol was not cut out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Throne-1.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I have met Gil 5 times and I like his work but, "The Klingon Armorer" and designer of Klingon knives seen in the movies :rolleyes

That is an insult to the ones who DID MAKE and DESIGN them

I have some of Gil Hibben's knives and this is on his website. Star Trek

James

Don't get me wrong I have met Gil 5 times and I like his work but, "The Klingon Armorer" and designer of Klingon knives seen in the movies :rolleyes

That is an insult to the ones who DID MAKE and DESIGN them

I did some research and I found somebody named Dragon Dronet was responsible for etching the designs. I guess those designs represent people's names. Maybe Gil came up with the shape?

Gil had absolutely nothing to do with the Sword of Kahless

Dan Curry designed it iirc and Dragon manufactured it and the stand

Max Cervantes did the Stunt Versions

I did some research and I found somebody named Dragon Dronet was responsible for etching the designs. I guess those designs represent people's names. Maybe Gil came up with the shape?

Last edited:
Sorry bro no Camera.

The tarq thing is little known Dragon told me that one.

As far as torture, you know what is right next to it ODO.

Well a Production made never used appliance! :D

And why can't you ? You are torturing me !!!

... and that Targ info is rubbing salt into the wound :cry

I just got back form picking up these assets from Vegas, the Sword is a repro, it was made specifically for the experience as a display piece, was hoping to see a hero, i've held the stunt, but there were ALOAT of other screen used items ;)

I just got back form picking up these assets from Vegas, the Sword is a repro, it was made specifically for the experience as a display piece, was hoping to see a hero, i've held the stunt, but there were ALOAT of other screen used items ;)

This is disappointing news :cry I am looking forward to reading the Star Trek Blog on what happened.

James

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back