Cookie Monster Puppet Display Help?

markomac

Hi there,

A while ago, i purchased a Cookie Monster puppet. He's just been floating around my room and now Im starting to display all my prop items. He has me stumped as to how I can display him.

Heres some pics,

All I want is a way to stand him up and make him look like someone is actually holding him. PLEASE keep in mind that Im not very talented in construction or tools, but if something seems simple enough, I am willing to try.

Thanks for any help. If you need any additional pics from any additional angles, I will organise that for you.

Thats a tough one.

I would stuff him with foam and find something to prop him up with maybe a dowel and a wood base

You could build a PVC mannequin similar to this (wouldn't have to be as tall)
and add padding to fill him out
1721219555_a47d4a1e0d.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about the bear skin rug. But I don't particularily want people walking on him.

I played around for a few hours after posting this and have temporarily come up with this;

daf9dca2.jpg

He's on my weight rack, which is needed for my weights to sit on and do nothing, so I'm thinking I'll build something similar out if wood or I also like the PVC skeleton type setup. I then think I might make him appear to be behind the counter at a cookie shop.

I thought about the bear skin rug. But I don't particularily want people walking on him.

I played around for a few hours after posting this and have temporarily come up with this;

daf9dca2.jpg

He's on my weight rack, which is needed for my weights to sit on and do nothing, so I'm thinking I'll build something similar out if wood or I also like the PVC skeleton type setup. I then think I might make him appear to be behind the counter at a cookie shop.

How about having him behind a faux brick wall like in Sesame Street, and if you have a Master Replica Kermit, he can be sitting on the top of the wall. It will look like a scene right out of the show

That's not a bad idea. I might have a think about that.

Unfortunately I don't have an MR Kermit. And the ones on eBay are out of my price range at the moment.

That's not a bad idea. I might have a think about that.

Unfortunately I don't have an MR Kermit. And the ones on eBay are out of my price range at the moment.

Tell me about it :lol
I bought my Kermit a few years ago for right around $200.00 brand new. Now I see them fetch $700-$900 on eBay. It is crazy!!!

I LOVE Cookie Monster, though SS has dumbed down his cookie addiction
so much in recent years on account of fears of obesity in kids.......

Really like the concept of displaying him behind something like you have him!
Don't forget to make him a giant bitten into chocolate chip fimo cookie to hold
and crumbs to sprinkle around!! Num! Num! Num! Num!!

Me not *take* cookies, me *eat* the cookies.
What's the difference?
Eat begin with an E and take... Begin with a T.

:):lol:lol

Shylaah

daf9dca2.jpg

Holy ****. That picture is terrifying. I would not want to wake up in the middle of the night to see that.

The puppet looks great though. Best of luck in finding him a display item.

This is where I am at with the display after todays work.

edc3ac4d.jpg

I think I will make him a little bit shorter and i still need to pad him out a bit, but you get the general idea.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back