Converting Bandai FO Tie to OT Tie?

jusdrewit

Sr Member
I really would like a second OT Bandai 1/72 Tie fighter, however everywhere I'm seeing it's really expensive ($90-$100). I am seeing that the Bandai First Order Tie is much cheaper, around $20-25, however I'm wondering how much surgery it would require to revert back to the OT version? I know the OT Tie has that shoulder gun, but any other aesthetic differences? Any idea how difficult it would be?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I really would like a second OT Bandai 1/72 Tie fighter, however everywhere I'm seeing it's really expensive ($90-$100). I am seeing that the Bandai First Order Tie is much cheaper, around $20-25, however I'm wondering how much surgery it would require to revert back to the OT version? I know the OT Tie has that shoulder gun, but any other aesthetic differences? Any idea how difficult it would be?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
I would wait. Chances are there will be TIES in Andor and Bandai will repop

While they look similar at first glance, there are so many differences between the two in just about every proportion/measurement

The standard has a much beefier "ball" for the cockpit (go ahead, snicker, I could not find a better way to describe it)

and the wings are also much bigger on the standard tie

About the only thing the that might be close in size is the canopy frame

Now if you were looking for a mate for the Fine Molds 1/72, that might be a little more workable as they are very similar in size (also a reason I Bandai/FFG rescaled the Tie Fighter wrong assuming the studio model was really exactly 1/24 scale)

All three ties are 1/72
Fine Molds standard tie on left
Bandai FO in the middle
Bandai standard tie on Right

IMG_2690 (2).JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

While they look similar at first glance, there are so many differences between the two in just about every proportion/measurement

The standard has a much beefier "ball" for the cockpit (go ahead, snicker, I could not find a better way to describe it)

and the wings are also much bigger on the standard tie

About the only thing the that might be close in size is the canopy frame

Now if you were looking for a mate for the Fine Molds 1/72, that might be a little more workable as they are very similar in size (also a reason I Bandai/FFG rescaled the Tie Fighter wrong assuming the studio model was really exactly 1/24 scale)

All three ties are 1/72
Fine Molds standard tie on left
Bandai FO in the middle
Bandai standard tie on Right

View attachment 1608525
View attachment 1608526
Amazing visual comparison! Thanks Analyzer, that definitely settles it, no conversion. Makes life a little easier lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back