Converting an OT Stunt Lightsaber blade

I knew the end result of this would be the desirability of the vintage skyrocketing, lol. Quick, someone in Europe visit all of the derelict shipping yards and parts depots...
I've done some more research in the past couple of days, including visiting some marinas and talking to used boat dealers. None of them had old antennas in storage. There is a simple reason for that - old antennas like the HMP CX-4 tend to loose their function, because the materials get weaker in time, and it does make no sense to keep them after they have been replaced by a new antenna. One dealer even said to me "if you want one, rip it off a boat". Funny.
My sister will pick up the second old antenna which I have acquired via ebay here in Germany on the coming Saturday. Will post pics once I have it.

I’m pretty sure by the time of the ANH duel, the blades are the same as ESB/RoTJ
I thought about that again, too, and my gut feeling is that you are right. At least for Vaders stunt duelling blade in ANH, possibly also for Luke's stunt Graflex blade in Ben's hut. The shape of that blade is virtually identical to the HMP CX-4 antenna.

I thought about that again, too, and my gut feeling is that you are right. At least for Vaders stunt duelling blade in ANH, possibly also for Luke's stunt Graflex blade in Ben's hut. The shape of that blade is virtually identical to the HMP CX-4 antenna.

;)

Tom digging through your posts, can you get the blade to bend like this?

IMG_6418.jpg

I didn't notice this before, but it looks like Bob Anderson's blade is thicker than Luke's.
All of the blades in the archive are very similar dimensionally, but perhaps different types of antennas were used for filming?

Motion can play tricks on the eye, Bob and Mark have almost identical blades in that walk-through in the carbon chamber.
Post#364

Some blades are white, and some rehearsal sabers that are "older" in a sense, have damaged dark blades that seem to have never been replaced in those few years

My blade is stiffer than this, I would only be able to make it slightly floppy if I give it good strikes.

Motion can play tricks on the eye, Bob and Mark have almost identical blades in that walk-through in the carbon chamber.
Post#364

Some blades are white, and some rehearsal sabers that are "older" in a sense, have damaged dark blades that seem to have never been replaced in those few years

You may be right!
The blades in the archive vary in coloration, and some have reflective tape wrapped around, and some don't.

I take some of that back - I rewatched empire of dreams and the clack of Bob and Mark's blades snap back almost instantly... I could believe this is like antenna now

My glomex showed up, unboxing it and working late in the shed tonight catching up on work. I’ll share pics tonight

Did you get the glomex from the link I posted a while back Halliwax? Was just curious because i I was about to purchase one from that site.

Tom and I’ve work side by side on this, we collaborated on a strategy. How bought the CX-4 on eBay to experiment with, I bought two glomex to do testing with..

I’ve had very little time his week. I’ve been in the shed all afternoon, I smell like a donkeys @$$...

I didn’t make much progress because I didn’t want to cut anything with out toms measurements so we can test the taper, and overall length

My scaling is coming with with 32” but I think the blades are all over the place in length..

I don’t have any time tonight because I got a project with the church I need to finish up with my family.

Tomorrow I will continue the experiments, make another adapter for the other pipe stunt, and begin some dueling

I am SUPER impressed with the flex on these things, I’m in the progress of making a video from unboxing to dueling.. so it’s gonna be a few more days

BUT swinging this in the back yard, whacking the side of the shed and fence, this sucker bends easy! Just like the photos!

The glomex has a brass insert, with a wire running all the way to the top which is hot glued in..

20mm on the bottom, 9mm on the top

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back