Converting a real Graflex

Jimbo890

Well, I'm finally getting around to converting a vintage Graflex 3 Cell flash handle into a lightsaber, and need a few pointers. I have the Blastec kit, and have decided on an ESB minus the second red button. [my own version if you will] mainly because I like the ESB grips, D ring, and circuit board better.

Now, all the online reference I can find have the clamp facing the bottom of the flashgun. orienting the midsection in the 3:00 o clock direction as oppose to the 9:00 o clock as it is now. On this still working vintage Graflex, the clamp lever is facing the head of the gun. So, am I suppose to reverse the clamp? Also, where should I start with the T grip material, is there an orientation that is most preferred, or just as long as it is equally spaced? Also, the D ring, it needs to be oriented so that when hanging by the D ring, the top of the flashgun is pointing away from the body?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Ya gotta reverse the lever. Remove top and bottom tube portions from the clamp. Squeeze the rail grips (where the bubble strip goes) together and the pin will pop out a bit. Once the square piece of the pin is out, just turn it around. Reattach the tube, and you're done. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back