Convention Repair Kit

Bovine13

Hey Hunters....I was thinking about what all I need to do before SDCC in July and started making a list. One of the things was a convention repair kit. Had a couple people ask me what they should bring and thought I would share what I bring with me.

My travel case.
ConvKit001.jpg

ConvKit002.jpg

The supplies.
ConvKit003.jpg

Black paint: Pretty much for any small touch up.
Various Paint brushes: For paint, glue, etc.
Super Glue: Regular stuff then some thicker stuff I get from a local hobby shop.
Super Glue Activator: This is a spray that when sprayed on the super glue it acts like a catalyst and sets it almost instantly. Great for quick on floor repairs.
Needle and Thread: Attach almost anything together.
Wire: Just in case.
String: Just in case.
Scissors and Small Pliers: For obvious reasons.
Diff. Size Popsicle sticks: Spreading glue, poking things, holding things while gluing.
Velcro: Various atachment uses.
Q-tips: Various uses.
ZipTies: Your best friend. Too many uses to post. All else fails....zip it.

If there are unique aspects to your suit, pack materials for those special needs as well. The suits I build, I could fix almost anything with this kit. I usually ship this kit to Damon before hand cause I usually dont check luggage on the plain. If you pack it in your luggage make sure to put it in a couple or three plastic bags incase something leaks out.

Just FYI.
Thanks
Bovine13

ConvKit001.jpg

ConvKit002.jpg

ConvKit003.jpg

Scott,

Great kit!

I have to get one together, and this will certainly help o_O

---
Ei'luj

note to myself, don't forget the AAA's :rolleyes:

oooh, what a cool little kit but come on Big Bad Wolf, surely you can put a kit like that together yourself, you lot have walmart and i bet you can get it all there. now the better idea would be to have that all mounted within your pred backpack, medikit style

only ever been into one once and it was amazing, i could have spent a week and a fortune in there on everything

... now the better idea would be to have that all mounted within your pred backpack, medikit style

Esdain - I'll give this a shot. Why the hell not. Couldn't get any heavier with the rest of the costume. Build it into my Bone-Hunter Backpack which I'll design someday

Bovine/Scott this thread will prove to be a lifesaver. Esp. for me since I've never been to a Con in full Pred gear.

Scott, you da man--- on not only informing folks about what to expect at cons (in last year's "convention companion" post,) but now adding frosting on the cake with this great little addendum. Gold star on the forehead! Hubba hubba!

If you made it properly in the 1st place it would not fall apart pinky !!

joking aside , great idea to carry some repair stuff.

If you made it properly in the 1st place it would not fall apart pinky !!

joking aside , great idea to carry some repair stuff.

Sure, I can control a mob of three hundred screaming predator fans all with gift bags with lovely long handles to snag things, those crazy anime kids with there sugar induced controled spasm picture sessions, the overdoers with there 12 foot 70 lb. swords, and my all time favorite the smart ass im going to make fun of the Con nerds and grab on their costume so I look cool in front of my prebubesent hormoned enraged lacky friends. My suits are tough but damn, ya never know!

Is the weather nice in your perfect world? Oh, i finished your bubble blower cannon...it came out just like you asked and hoped for. :lol:

Scott, you da man--- on not only informing folks about what to expect at cons (in last year's "convention companion" post,) but now adding frosting on the cake with this great little addendum. Gold star on the forehead! Hubba hubba!
Scoobley doo!

My Pred kit is fairly similar, but I also include silver paint along with the black paint. Plus I always bring a tube of contact cement along with the superglue.

My Pred kit is fairly similar, but I also include silver paint along with the black paint. Plus I always bring a tube of contact cement along with the superglue.

Good points. I will probobly reduce the velcro amount to fit in a small thing of silver paint as well and an exato knife. Cant believe I forgot that.

Oh yeah, Exacto knife. I always got one of those in my kit. If it's a large multi-day costume fest like Dragon Con, I usually carry extras like spare exacto blades, full size scissors, a hot glue gun + sticks, a larger amount of velcro, a multi-head screwdriver, extra 9v battery connectors for helmet CPU fans, Black Sharpie marker, electrical tape and duct tape, etc.

I've also seen other costumers with big loads of repair stuff in their costume tubs. All the above mentioned stuff plus things like snap guns and snaps, rivet guns and rivets, dremel tools, power drills, all sorts of electronics wiring, battery packs, extra fans, all sorts of stuff.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back