Question Convention Promoting (answered)

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by Ford W Maverick, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Ford W Maverick

Ford W Maverick Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm involved with a small convention in my area that might appeal to RPF members and before I put up a big post about it I thought I'd take the time to ask if it's cool if I promote it here in the Off-Topic section.

Is it cool?

2. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I post about Emerald City ComiCon every year and none of the mods has given me a Gibbs-slap yet so I think it's probably okay. :)

3. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

If the convention is related to props/costumes/movies, it goes in the Entertainment and Movie Forum, if it's not related to those topics, it goes in the OT forum.

4. Ford W Maverick

It's sort of a catch-all for anything geek-culture. We have costuming groups and vendors, so Entertainment and Movies it is! Thanks!

5. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it an event you have Organised yourself ? or are you just promoting it for someone else? the reason i ask is if you pm the MODS maybe you can put an RPF spin on it and get some sort of RPF Prop Party Going

6. Ford W Maverick

It's being put together by some friends of mine. I've been trying to promote it as much as possible because I want to see it succeed, but I'm not acting in any official capacity.