Controlling the cannon

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

aidenmoore

just had a thought whilst looking at the possibility of building a cannon around a dummy cctv camera with motion sensor. Could it be possible to hook up a radio controlled car steering motors and power motor to the cannon to make it move up down left and right and have the controls on the computer gauntlet?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Honus1

just had a thought whilst looking at the possibility of building a cannon around a dummy cctv camera with motion sensor. Could it be possible to hook up a radio controlled car steering motors and power motor to the cannon to make it move up down left and right and have the controls on the computer gauntlet?

cheers

Have a look here: http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=18384

I'll have my PCBs in a few weeks and then they'll be ready to go!

Honus1

It really is pretty simple to hook everything up. I'll have a full tutorial a soon as the boards come in.

AdenSolu

Doing the fake security camera has the only capability of moving back and forth a few times when motion is detected which means it wouldn't stop moving as you walked around. The way i'm doing mine is using a home security camera mount that is radio controlled by a remote and can pan and tilt whenever you want by using the remote which can be installed into a gauntlet. You hook the wireless receiver for the mount to an inverter and then a 12 volt battery connection and you can even preset the remote to hold 4 different preset moving modes with the touch of a single button.

just had a thought looking at the possibility of building a cannon around a dummy cctv camera with motion sensor. Could it be possible to hook up a radio controlled car steering motors and power motor to the cannon to make it move up down left and right and have the controls on the computer gauntlet?

cheers