Contact to Steve Neisen!

ralphee

Sr Member
Ive been trying to contact Steve now for around a month, im waiting on a parcel and ive had past due date after past due date etc, that i dont mind, im a pretty patient guy. What does get me down is the fact i can never contact him on a regular basis, and i know he is busy, i know he has many things to be doing, but just shooting a mail would go miles for me.
As it goes im changing address, so therefore if my kit is going to ship before i move, its not problem, if it doesnt and i move in the meantime, well hassle.
Has anyone heard from him? did he go overseas? please dont think im flaming, id just like to get the matter sorted now, it was shipping like 4 weeks ago, but still no kit and still no reply, maybe he has mail problems, ive considered all the variables therefore im not going to bash Steve, that is not my intention, but i paid for this like 9 months ago, and ive had very little correspondence all the way through.

Modus Operendi. I got an email a few weeks back. I don't know any better way to contact him other than through emails. Sitting in the dark isn't very comforting. I know. I'm waiting for stuff paid 8 months ago too.

Lol hey thanks Coby, i know, im just kinda treading water, its not the time buddy, i dont mind the wait, afterall it goes hand in hand with garage modelling, but i do need an update, one shall continue to mail, just feel bad like im pestering the guy, which is not how i want to come across, we shall see.

For what it's worth:

Steve always comes through...he is a good guy and will take care of you, I'm sure. I know this doesn't comfort you if your moving, but I'm sure Steve will get back to you. He's very busy, and can be slow to respond, but he can be counted on for sure. (as far as I'm concerned)

For what it's worth...I'm starting to understand why Steve is so slow to respond. I don't mean to speak for him, and I certainly don't know this to be the case, but personally I find I can spend about an hour every day responding to emails. You don't think it's going to be that much, but it's always amazing to me the number of inquireies, questions, and parrallel things that come up. Personally, Ive started trying to really focus on email once a week. I know that can seem rude to people, as (if your like me you like a response within a day or 2) but if it comes down to getting kits done on time, or doing email it seems to make more sense to try and keep the kits going and then spend my Saturday mornings catching up on email.

Again, I don't know if thats what Steve is going through, but I would bet it is. Anyways...if it makes you feel any better, I'm waiting for stuff from Steve too...it's been longer then he expected, but I am 100% confident he will come through, like he always does. Like me, he does this for fun, not life...and life gets in the way far to often. I don't know how long it will be, but I know Ill get my stuff, and I know ill love it (and I know Ill likely put it in the closet to build someday) :) :lol

Best wishes, and I hope this helps some...

I am here and have responded to all.

Coby Heres the real "MO" if the wait is too unbearable I can refund your payment. I promise you there are many wanting in on the limited offer I made you and a select few others. Everyone is waiting. I suggest patients.

Jesse is right I answer my mails about once a week. If I answered all the "how can I get a free kit, how do you make that, can I get just one part, Can I buy half and trade for another, is my kit ready" emails I'd never finish anything.

Seriously guys, I'm slow as Christmas (Can I say Christmas?) I've never denied that. IÂ’ve always come through, I just get overextended because I want to please everyone. IÂ’ve identified that as my #1 problem and will fix it once I'm caught up. In the future nothing will be paid for until itÂ’s boxed and ready for shipping. Period end of story no exceptions.

IÂ’ve had to put many folks on hold for new orders because I want to finish what I already have to do. If I was in this just for the $$ I would of grabbed that $$ too.

A malfunction in the HERO wing molds have caused serious delays for me. I donÂ’t have many days to work in the shop and when 4 of them where wasted because of warped mother molds it doesnÂ’t help. I'm trying to recover.

Lee I responded to your PM.

I have about 1000 things going on and I'm trying to satisfy all of them. I am a one person shop who has a full time job with the military and am a husband and father of three. Did I mention I have a dog too? I have always come through. I listed the above to make sure you know I am not a full time prop guy with a staff and a shop to work on the props everyday.

I may only get 4 hours a week. Maybe another 4 on the weekend I work when I can. Usually if work or home doesnÂ’t interfere I get what I need done. The weather has impacted this past two months here in Denver too. I work out of my shop AKA garage and if its 17 degrees in there I cant do anything. Resin wont cure, rubber wont set up and seriously cant afford $60 worth of Heating oil to bring the temp up enough to maintain a constant temperature. The only reason I wrote this is to fill you in on a little inside info. No excuses here, its just the way it is.

I wish I had a climate control facility with a few workers to knock this stuff out. Best case is a nice weekend with Ryan up to help, we get a lot done. Give me a few of these and were golden again.

Ive also farmed out some projects to other mold makers and casters to keep future projects going so as to not delay the release of those items. I am busy completing outstanding orders, I promised and fixing others. Remolding and regenerating masters is time consuming. Especialy when you cannot dedicate the entire day to it. As always I will do my best.

No excuses, if you are due any item from me I always come through. Some sooner than others but the key is always. Hang in there and email me again.

sneisen@comcast.net

Thanks Guys

Steve

I guess I should just say that every time this subject comes up I get a knot in my stomach. I really don't like being in this position. I can only imagine what it must be like on your side. I don't envy you one bit.

Coby,

No need for you feeling this way. I got your PM and like I said bro no hard feelings here. Make sure you check your email maybe that might take the knot out of our stomach.

Also Im not looking for a pity party here guys I just wanted you all to know I put allot of hours in this hobby all to bring stuff to the table that is accurate and have fans like me be able to own a piece of something that takes us back to the year 1977 that started all of this madness in.

It bothers me when it turns sour and its no longer fun. I wish I had more time.

Ive learned allot these pasts months on how it should go from the likes of Jesse M, Mike Salzo and Frank & Moe on how things should be done. Taking notes fellas, taking notes. I only hope in the future I can meet the standards these guys have put forth on garage kits. I can only get better. Thanks Guys.

As far as Studio Scale goes there are some really neat things comming out in the near future. Thats why I need to wrap up the pending items so I can press on with the new ones. Its bothering me as much as anyone, trustme.

Steve

Steve a big thanks, i just didnt know you werent getting my mails,i shot quite a few but im not baggin on the wait, id rather wait for quality than get a box full of airbubbles and flash. Thanks for the PM and thanks for writing into the thread, i hope you didnt take it as i was flaming on you, that was so not my intention, just with my current circumstances i was gettin a little worried the buyer of our house would receive my kit and id have to break in to steal it back lol. Jest... many thanks to you writing me as well, it did help hearing from people who deal with Steve on a regular basis. I look forward to the end of the month Steve.

regards....lee

Steve,
Don't mind the wait at all. I've seen (and heard) you come through time and time again, so I have no worries. Really looking forward to seeing the future projects..

So crack the whip on your resin monkey.. :p
Rick

Thanks KK, your "GOLDEN" item is near completion I'm told. I will email you pictures as soon as they forward them to me.

Lee no problem man.

Thanks Rick. I guess thats better than "spanking" the resin monkey.

Ohh by the by Comcast users might want to check thier SPAM filter settings. I found that 25% of my legit emails are not getting to me because of a setting I had marked on the filter page. That is fixed now, I hope.

Steve

Originally posted by RickDTM@Mar 1 2006, 12:33 PM
Steve,
  Don't mind the wait at all.  I've seen (and heard) you come through time and time again, so I have no worries.   Really looking forward to seeing the future projects..

So crack the whip on your resin monkey..  :p 
Rick
[snapback]1196301[/snapback]​

hey man :p

hahaha no worries.. no hurry at all..

but really need u to hook me up with some MF and YW ahem...

only when u hv a little time to breathe.. or if u rmb.. just let me know..

It's nice to have a bit of an update. IM NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING, but a little e-mail just to be reminded that you havent been forgetten about goes a long way. We ALL get busy with things and often put off things due to real life. There's a retailer on ebay that I have pre-ordered stuff from. sometimes the pre-orders are like 6 months off. And the guys never sends a 'I havn't forgetten you' e-mail. If you e-mail him, you get a not so friendly "IT WAS A PRE ORDER" response. BUT the guy has always come through. Even though other people that have delt with him thing he's a rude SOB. I still buy from him, go figure.

Steve you don't sound like your dumping at all. I have a small amount of casting epirience. I can only imagine what kind of problems you have with those molds for those large TIE panels. I still hope to get one from you someday.

Lynn,

I checked got no mail from you. Yours may of been SPAMED, please retry.

Paul H thanks for your input.

Eric tried emailling you twice but they both were returned saying

ckwanwoo@lycos.co.kr Permanent Failure: Other address status Delivery last attempted at Fri, 3 Mar 2006 03:34:03 -0000 I sent you a PM.

Steve

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369@Mar 3 2006, 02:38 AM
Steve,
I have been tryiing to email you almost every week for the past month with no responce as well.

Lynn
[snapback]1197636[/snapback]​

Originally posted by swpropmaker@Mar 2 2006, 10:09 PM
Lynn,
I checked got no mail from you.  Yours may of been SPAMED, please retry.
[snapback]1197663[/snapback]​

Email resent this morning, you probably can guess what I was asking about any way. :lol

Lynn

I guess he's out of the country for two weeks. That's the kind of update we should be getting from him. A simple contact list in Outlook makes that really easy to do.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back