Constellation/Stargazer Vacuumform build.

What a great build.... the Aztec paint is stunning...I've read that the original paint job on the Enterprise for TMP literally glowed in the light..too bad they painted over that..

I am going to have to disagree with many here and probably take some heat, but I think the Stargazer is one of the worst ships build for Star Trek...I always felt it looked like a model. I understand they were under a time and budget constraint when they made the filming model but, they made the Ent-C under the same conditions and she looked good.

I look forward to you progress and the other ships you are making....

Terry

Terry,

I too didn't like the Stargazer design at first but it has grown on me since. The improvements I'm making to this model are the ones that I feel make it a much better design. :)

I really like the paint work. The two tone gray with blue accents really makes the details pop in some nice subtle ways. I doubt Paramount had the budget to do that when Jein built the Stargazer studio model (or it was never filmed in such a way to highlight that).

I also may have to steal that saucer mounted deflector dish idea (for a TOS era build I want to do). ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back