Constantine zippo lighter info

Customrelic

I have a friend who can get me blanck zippos at a huge discount. I was thinking of getting them and using the cnc to engrave the constantine lighter from the movie. The only problem im having is finding the correct info on each side. From what i have seen, the lighter has a cross (with lettering) on one side and a figure on the second? Or is this two different lighters? Did the screen used one have the latin on the side or is that a replica? If im going to do it, i want to do it right! I also would like to know the color of the screen used. I can get gold or silver zippos, but i also have the ability to plate them in real gold or silver, spray chrome or gold, two tone etc. whatever it is supposed to be. Thanks for any help

It would be neat as a carry around thing, but I was under the impression that the Constantine lighter was much larger than a regular zippo?

The original Constantine lighter is a brass (as far as I know) shell holding a Zippo inside of it. There is very little possibility of making it accurate just engraving the design on the Zippo lighter itself.

obviously im not going to make a screen used one, but I certainly can get brass color and engrave it as identical as possible. im only looking for info on whats on each side.

you could make one that was used on the tv show. it is made using a regular sized zippo.

22831648462_d5f9135e32_o.jpg

IIRC, there's a featurette about the props / the lighter on the DVD. The movie prop is a Zippo in a custom-made 'case.' The front & back sides are identical, and the edge opposite the hinges is engraved as well. The case appears to be a dark, brassy color, while the medallions are a brighter gold-tone color.

-MJ

You can buy Chinese knock offs on DH and Ali very cheap.

I didnt ask where to buy Chinese knock-offs. I asked what is on the lighters sides.

Thanks breen and mike j. I found that on the dvd. I originally couldnt tell if the lighter only had a cross on one side and st benedict was a different lighter all together. I also have the latin on the side.

I didnt ask where to buy Chinese knock-offs. I asked what is on the lighters sides.

Thanks breen and mike j. I found that on the dvd. I originally couldnt tell if the lighter only had a cross on one side and st benedict was a different lighter all together. I also have the latin on the side.

My point is that since yours wont be screen accurate, is it worth the effort involved to make something that is available already for 12.00-30.00 ?
Not trying to rain on your parade, but with not screen accurate copies that cheap....

A run of these would be pretty cool

zippo_SKULL-S1-JACKETS.jpg

My point is that since yours wont be screen accurate, is it worth the effort involved to make something that is available already for 12.00-30.00 ?
Not trying to rain on your parade, but with not screen accurate copies that cheap....

A run of these would be pretty cool

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii397/captiveherps/zippo_SKULL-S1-JACKETS.jpg

your not "raining on my parade" as you would say. Read my first post. I didnt ask where to buy knock offs. And so you are aware, my abilities and resources would far out do any of the knock offs you mentioned. i am able to get solid brass cases with real zippo lighting mechanisms. im already way beyond the quality of your sites. This is a build thread requesting help with what is accurate on the screen used one. If you cant contribute other than telling me i can get them for 12 bucks from china and i should focus elsewhere please move on. Thank you.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back