Considering Iron Man

SublimeDelusion

I just joined up here recently. Up until this point, I just built some Ghostbusters stuff and various other smaller things on whims. I figured that it might be a good idea to join a forum that has a lot of other people that are interested in building things.

That being said, I'm really interested in attempting to build an Iron Man suit. I noticed a few threads on here that i happen to have lost track of in the past that really caught my eye with the quality of the builds. For what I'm considering, I'm hoping to pull something off with reasonable quality, and I'm looking at only very minor electronics (arc reactor, palm repulsors, helmet, and helmet eyes).

I built a really rough reactor in the past. I wasn't too thrilled by how it turned out, but it was a kit I got from another website. I've got some ideas on how to improve it, but that's about as far as I've gotten.

I was wondering if any of you guys here may be able to provide any suggestions or ideas as to where/how to start, materials, etc.. This is definitely one of the larger projects I'm considering and I've got no idea where to start on the armor, let alone the electronics. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the RPF. You should check out this thread
http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s...am-templates-easy-build-green-version-128147/
These suits are made of foam and offer great mobility, flexibility, are light weight, and can be very detailed (depending on the builder of course). I am currently build a mark VI. It is my first time making any type of armor and it has not been excessively difficult. The other choice is to build a fiberglass/body filler suit. However, these are longer to make, less mobile, heavy, and time consuming.

There are tons of Iron Man suits on this site so I'm sure you'll fine what your looking for. Good luck with your build!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back