Conner Kenway - Assassin's Creed III

alisty

Well, I have finished it before Halloween!

My son is the reason I did this. He wanted to be Conner Kenway since he first heard that ACIII was coming out.

I started around May looking at pictures and trying to find as many reference photo's that I could find.
Once I thought I had all I needed I started the build. It took me roughly about two weeks to complete (not counting time to collect all the materials).

I'm not sure exactly how much it cost, but I'm going to say around $360 as a rough guess.

I was hoping to make the gantlet myself but ran out of time. I ended up buying the one from Game Stop for Ezio and using just the inner portion and making the outer shell.

Overall, this was the toughest costume I had to build. I keep telling myself that I need to start earlier. But with three kids and a honey-do list a mile long, it can be difficult to start.

Anyway, enjoy.

17763-almost-done.jpg

17764-almost-done.jpg

17765-finished.jpg

17766-finished.jpg

17767-finished-details.jpg

17768-some-more-detail.jpg

17770-midnight-release-party.jpg

Just found this... I think it is great! :) I love the AC costumes. I am on stand-by making an Ezio costume from ACII. I hope to have it finished by next year's Ren-Fest. You did a wonderful job with the details. I hope your son is proud of it; I would be.

Just found this... I think it is great! :) I love the AC costumes. I am on stand-by making an Ezio costume from ACII. I hope to have it finished by next year's Ren-Fest. You did a wonderful job with the details. I hope your son is proud of it; I would be.

Thank you so much. Yes, my son loved it. I am always amazed at what can get done in a weeks time. I had help with the sewing so it didn't take anywhere near as long as I would have expected it to take.
It was my first time working with leather. I really enjoy learning new techniques.
My only fear is what my son will want next year. :)

All the details I wanted but was not able to do in time. That emblem on the head gear was actually a hard thing to make. I never did get that done. any suggestions on how to do that would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Look great man! A lot of detail!

Thanks!

Saturday, I will go back to the shop and take more photos under the left arm for the blade and some details on the quiver. If you want something more...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back