Congrats to Sideshow

A collector in Europe contacted The Licensing Group after purchasing $80,000 worth of props and costumes from Paul Francis. The Licensing Group had no knowledge of this transaction, and after examining the certficiates of authenticity realized Francis was commiting fraud using their name.

Too bad someone had to be stiffed to the tune of $80.000... I hope things work out well for the European collector.

Before you start feeling sorry for PF and the problems he might face because of this I think you should feel sorry for the guy he scammed. Not to mention everybody else he must have ripped off and tricked with smaller sales and smaller amounts of money. The small collectors whose hard earned money they probably never will see again. Would you like to sit there with a fake collectible and a fake COA knowing that you had forked out good money for it thinking it was a legit and valuable collectible. An investment suddenly became a waste of money for some.

Whatever punishment PF is facing it is well deserved. I have no sympathy or empathy for scammers.

Absolutely. And, many of these collectors will probably go years before they realize that they've been had by this guy. Very sad to think that a few years from now, they'll go to sell or maybe just have the piece appraised and find out that it's barely worth the cost of the resin it's cast in.

Boy... I wonder who that "European collector" is...?

I mean -- WOW -- $80,000 is a LOT of props.

Would ONE copy of EVERYTHING PF made even add up to $80k...?

That person must have a lot of room to show off one mighty collection. Just wondering if maybe we know him (or her)...

The 80k worth of stuff is not replica pieces that he made, its original pieces he sold without the consent or knowledge of TLG. At least thats how im reading it.

There is a seperate issue of selling replicas outside the parameters of the license as well.

Originally posted by hollywoodhardware+Dec 6 2005, 07:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hollywoodhardware @ Dec 6 2005, 07:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-PHArchivist
@Dec 6 2005, 07:37 PM

I don't think so... Just take a look at some Profiles or Bonham's auctions...

Thomas
[snapback]1129958[/snapback]​
[/b]

Touche'. I own some stuff from one of those auction houses, and know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Dec 6 2005, 01:37 PM
Boy...  I wonder who that "European collector" is...?

[snapback]1129912[/snapback]​

Yes it is. As I understand it, it was a group planning on opening up a museum devoted to film and this was for their Sci-Fi exhibits.

{Edit: Damn I cant spell....}

*BUMP* for the newbies.

Any new info on this from TLG or Sideshow?

I's like to pick up an acrylic cover for my Endoarm that's not associated with Wonder Cabinet...

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Dec 20 2005, 04:47 AM
*BUMP* for the newbies.

Any new info on this from TLG or Sideshow?

I's like to pick up an acrylic cover for my Endoarm that's not associated with Wonder Cabinet...

- Gabe
[snapback]1139832[/snapback]​

I'd assume that since Lucas Francis Studios lost the license to make Terminator products due to alledged fraud, that Wonder Cabinet also no longer makes licensed endoarm tubes? Is Sideshow going to provide an alternative or did anyone here ever come up with some affordable alternative. I've got an older endoarm kit I still haven't finished and will eventually need a tube.

Quickie for Synasp.

Synasp,

To me, it would appear that you weren't practicing what you were preaching brother. You can't come into a thread and pretty much treat everyone children for "speculating" and "gloating" ie: namecalling (as you put it) if you are going to do the exact same thing.

Now granted, you did apologize to Gary for starting this thread, but you "speculated" that the intentions and reasons for why he started this thread was to cause turmoil and to find enjoyment from the hardships of PF and LFS.

At the same time you chose to treat members of this forum who posted in this thread as 5 year olds that required adult supervision and instructing in the proper way to conduct a thread that really didn't require it. All due to your speculation as to the reason for it.

Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

Originally posted by mez7+Dec 4 2005, 11:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mez7 @ Dec 4 2005, 11:11 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sstcop
@Dec 3 2005, 02:13 AM
What sickens me most about this board is the utter joy others take at other peoples misfortunes. 
[snapback]1127374[/snapback]​

is it misfortune when you cause it all to yourself??????

he made his bed now hes got to lie in it....do the crime pay the fine.....all that stuff
[snapback]1128714[/snapback]​
[/b]

As for PF's situation......I can think of a few things that come to mind with regards to his situation as I don't belive in karma.

Do no be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spririt will reap eternal life.

If a man steals an ox or a sheep and slaughtyers it or sells it, he must pay back five head of cattle for the ox and four sheep for the sheep.

Originally posted by SFPROPS@Dec 21 2005, 12:35 PM
I'd assume that since Lucas Francis Studios lost the license to make Terminator products due to alledged fraud, that Wonder Cabinet also no longer makes licensed endoarm tubes?  Is Sideshow going to provide an alternative or did anyone here ever come up with some affordable alternative.  I've got an older endoarm kit I still haven't finished and will eventually need a tube.
[snapback]1140657[/snapback]​

Sorry if I do have to ask, but hwo is Wonder Cabinet associated with Lucas Francis Studios?. I jsúst visited the homepage and they are still offering the tubes?

Thanks
Domenik

Originally posted by Lello999@Dec 21 2005, 01:45 PM
Sorry if I do have to ask, but hwo is Wonder Cabinet associated with Lucas Francis Studios?. I jsúst visited the homepage and they are still offering the tubes?

Thanks
Domenik
[snapback]1140961[/snapback]​
It was the name of his company while he worked at XFX and tried to get a joint T2 license with them.

- Gabe

Originally posted by Lello999@Dec 21 2005, 04:45 PM

Thanks
Domenik
[snapback]1140961[/snapback]​

..and if you go to the Lucas Francis Studios website, they're still featuring Terminator 2 merchandise and using graphics and intellectual property from the Terminator franchise (Cyberdyne, etc.) to promote their business.. Go figure. :)

I do not know what the events were regarding PF, but I talked with TLG and they confirmed that he no longer has the license. This is not to slam PF or instigate any further arguments, just inform on the T2 items. TLG said that PF would not be producing the Terminator items anymore. When asked about the items Sideshow offers, TLG replied that anything Sideshow has in stock is fine and ready. Items that are not in stock or in pre-order status need to be confirmed with Sideshow on availability/time frame. TLG said that Sideshow is working with a new manufacturer and would be able to give more details. I guess the question now is what difference we will see if any. Again, I only talked to one person at TLG as the rest of the office is out for the holidays and this is what they told me. I was told that I would receive an e-mail next week when everyone returns. I post this not to slam but to give the facts as told by TLG on the items. From what I heard many were happy with the items they have received so far and the only problem from some was that PF made them.

Greg

so i just got a wonder cabinet tube in the other day and if i'm reading this correctly i just bought it from PF? or PF's company?

z

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back