Congo (1995)

Mike J.

Master Member
Spent a good chunk of today screencapping Congo.

Decent flick. A few interesting props: laser, Zinj ring. Plenty of refs on those, now, if anyone wants 'em.

Good novel, too...

So, I'm wondering, is anyone else a fan?

Or even slightly obsessed?

-Mike

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Jan 29 2006, 09:44 PM
Spent a good chunk of today screencapping Congo.

Decent flick. A few interesting props: laser, Zinj ring. Plenty of refs on those, now, if anyone wants 'em.

Good novel, too...

So, I'm wondering, is anyone else a fan?

Or even slightly obsessed?

-Mike
[snapback]1171465[/snapback]​
Definitely a fan of the book (actually a fan of most all of Crichton's books), the movie not so much. I didn't care for the acting, although Tim Curry's over the top performance was good for a chuckle here and there, and the perimeter machine guns were pretty cool.

I liked it enough to buy the DVD. Call it a guilty pleasure.

"Amy, Seven. Amy, Good gorilla. Amy, Pretty."

Definitely a fan of the book -- however, it seems all of Crichtons books deviate so far from the novel when they go big screen that they should say "inspired by Michael Crichton."

Originally posted by juno@Jan 29 2006, 10:09 PM
Definitely a fan of the book -- however, it seems all of Crichtons books deviate so far from the novel when they go big screen that they should say "inspired by Michael Crichton."
[snapback]1171487[/snapback]​
Exactly... with Rising Sun probably being the most extreme example. If they had done to Jurassic Park what they did to Rising Sun, Jurassic Park would have featured the park guests eating the dinosaurs. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back