Concept Vader's TIE

Jaitea

Master Member
Hi, I started this project last year during lockdown

Sort of based on this photo of a rejected concept:
vadertieprotosmall.jpg

I'm using the old MPC as my base, totally scratch building the wings as an over all different shape

IMG_6116.jpeg
IMG_6114.jpeg
IMG_6117.jpeg
IMG_6115.jpeg

Thanks guys for looking,....progress soon

John

I've always been fascinated by that picture, but I've never see a top down shot. It looks like it has some kid of exposed "engine" that appears to be several rings stuck together.

Yes! I've had a print of that ILM picture on my wall for years. I'm so glad to see you going for it. Been meaning to try a version of my own, and now I'm slightly jealous! I'm excited to see where this goes.

Great update and glad the build is still on (y) Wonder how you're going to achieve the rear of the ship...artistic liberties will be taken, I guess.;)

Cool work. It almost seems to me that there is more wing in the front than the rear of the connection piece - sorta like the TIE Interceptor - or maybe just the reverse of the screen version of Vader's TIE.

Cool work. It almost seems to me that there is more wing in the front than the rear of the connection piece - sorta like the TIE Interceptor - or maybe just the reverse of the screen version of Vader's TIE.
I’ve seen a version of that done (might have been Wonderfest), it’s hard to tell with the perspective, but rather than copy his, I went for a central TIE approach
Isn't that the bottom piece to the Saturn V on the very back?

TazMan2000
Good shout, I tried several different circular parts in my stash parts, but nothing looked right, I’ll see what the Sat V looks like

John

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back