Concept Batman Grapple Gun

NuadaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
New concept for a grapple gun, I've been working on. A bit of a mashup, inspired by Batman the Animated Series, Batman 1989 and Bvs.

I will be printing it over the next week and hopefully have molds made in the next month, for anyone who is interested in a copy.
1594162356627_Assembly2.png
Assembly1.png

IMG_20200710_230035.jpg
IMG_20200710_225957.jpg

First few pieces printed. My fdm printer got clogged so I'm going to have to fix that before I print the handle. Grips and reel will be printed tomorrow in resin.

Wow that's insane! I started a mini sculpt a few months back based on your Batman design, but hadn't read this. Delighted that other people have similar influences. I have all of your Doom Patrol, and I adore your work!
Wow! Thanks! Small world!

I pulled from all the same influences that you did for yours. I really dislike when Batman's grapple resembles the shape of a normal gun. The visual language is inherently anti-Batman.

Last edited:
Looking good so far. I'm glad to hear other people prefer Batman using a gun shape grapple. It just seems wrong... and not very creative. The versions in the comics don't look like guns either. Great work!!!

Looking good so far. I'm glad to hear other people prefer Batman using a gun shape grapple. It just seems wrong... and not very creative. The versions in the comics don't look like guns either. Great work!!!
The two animated series grapples hit it out of the park for originality in their ones!

Painting the imitation wood grips at the moment. Need to sand and repaint the magazine and do some detailing and this one should be close to finished.
IMG_20200711_214257_973.jpg
IMG_20200711_213624.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back