CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1982) Wheel of Pain Model Part 2

Samyth1206

Jr Member
In the first part I made the upper part of the wheel, now we go with the rotating main structure. I will try to make this rotate like in the movie.

So that it can rotate, I will make a metal structure with a main tube and a rotating one. This structure will serve as a skeleton to hold all the other resin pieces, arms, wooden logs, figures, etc.

0.jpg
1.jpeg
2.jpg
3.jpg

In the next photos you can see two small axes in which the two stones that crushed the grain will be inserted and that will also rotate.

At first I made the stones of wood, after I covered them with sand to get roughness and then I made a mold. Finally I made two copies in polyurethane resin and painted them to pretend to be granite stones like in the movie.

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

11.jpg

7.JPG
8.jpeg
10.jpg

12.JPG

Rotating stones to grind the grain finished.
10b (2).JPG

10b (1).JPG

10b (3).JPG

After a bit of painting, I start winding up some rope for testing and it looks good.

15.jpg

General view of the work carried out where the piece with the eight arms already rotates on the axis.

16.jpg

Now I will make the log structure that goes on top of the eight arms.

First I have made a structure of metal rods on which I will add plaster to shape the piece.

17.jpg

18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpeg

Once the plaster piece is finished, I make a silicone mold.

21b.jpg
21c.jpg
22.jpeg
23.jpeg
24.jpeg

And then I make a polyurethane resin replica with this mold.

25.jpeg
26.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpeg

After doing some paint tests, I start winding the strings.

32.jpg

33.jpg
35.jpg

And here is the result of this second part. A coat of varnish is missing to smooth and compact the rope, but I'll do that later when this piece is attached to the other parts of the mockup.

36.JPG
37.JPG
38.JPG
39.JPG

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 66

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back