Conan The Barbarian 1:1

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

IeatherfaceIX

My Conan The Barbarian bust. the bust was a T-800 , Stan Winston casting. I wanted to transform him into Conan. The bust was painted by Erich Lubatti. The Glass eyes were made by Jim @ Tech- Optics. The hair is a tad darker brown than I wanted, but works well. Enjoy.

Michael

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The sculpt & paint job are magnificent, and those eyes are creepily life-like !!

So I was wondering why I was wondering what on earth could be wrong with it :confused

As you say, its the hair. And it's the easiest and cheapest thing to solve. The colour has to be a lighter shade of brown, fuller, and the hair-style has to be wavy and rough.

Change the wig, and instead of an astounding bust, you will have a PERFECT one :):thumbsup

Owens8176

The sculpt & paint job are magnificent, and those eyes are creepily life-like !!

So I was wondering why I was wondering what on earth could be wrong with it :confused

As you say, its the hair. And it's the easiest and cheapest thing to solve. The colour has to be a lighter shade of brown, fuller, and the hair-style has to be wavy and rough.

Change the wig, and instead of an astounding bust, you will have a PERFECT one :):thumbsup

Yes what he said. You'll have a A+++ bust on your hands

Weequay

Yep its the hair thats off.

Is that bust resin?? That is the most perfect paintjob I have ever seen.

IeatherfaceIX

Thanks everyone. it is resin. and the wig was the best I could fine at the time. I like it.

Last edited:

streetjudge79

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Howard did not sculpt it . It is a Stan Winston Casting that he purchased and offered to customers. Great job though!

Slave1

Sr Member
Wondered when someone would get around to this. ;)

Great job, and ditto on the hair needing work is accrate. The example of wavy and rough shown to you is from Conan the Destroyer, though, and not accurate to the scene you're he's in that you're going for. You're actually closer than if you were going for the Destroyer version look.

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great job, and ditto on the hair needing work is accrate. The example of wavy and rough shown to you is from Conan the Destroyer, though, and not accurate to the scene you're he's in that you're going for. You're actually closer than if you were going for the Destroyer version look.

Agreed :thumbsup

All that is needed is to rough it up a little and give it a slight perm / wave :thumbsup

IeatherfaceIX

Thanks guys. I think its about where Im happy with it. Thanks STREETJUDGE79 for the info. And yes, I was going for the bottom pic that I also have, not the top " Destroyer" pic. And I cant give it a wave due to it being Synthetic. Now I need a THULSA DOOM bust!

Slave1

Sr Member
Looking at it more, I think he needs a bit of that white paste makeup applied to get that movie look of white and black.

Even with synthetic hair, you should be able to rumple it a bit and hairspray to lock it in place.

Very cool display all around and glad to see someone finally did one. I've also always wanted to see someone sculpt a 1:1 Frazetta version Conan bust from that painting where he's leaning on his sword atop a mountain of dead enemies while a girl is clutching his leg.

Garth

Thats awesome!
As every1 else said rough up the hair a bit so it doesnt look so girly and it will finish it off nicely

Leigh

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think this is Amazing!! & an Awesome idea changing a Terminator bust to Conan (y)thumbsup:thumbsup
My only critisism as others have said would be the hair style.

Last edited:

Demoriel

Doing likeness's of people is difficult, and doing celebs sets you up for peoples crits, as everyone has their own opinion on a celebs likeness. I think it looks very very good, congrats!

IeatherfaceIX

Doing likeness's of people is difficult, and doing celebs sets you up for peoples crits, as everyone has their own opinion on a celebs likeness. I think it looks very very good, congrats!

Hey thanks for the kind words. Im very pleased with it.

IeatherfaceIX

Thanks everyone. to be honest, im not real worried about the hair being 100%, or I would have had one custom made. Its close enough for me. Im very happy with what it is. The nicest Conan bust Ive seen. Thanks again everyone.

Michael

chuckyAPP

Sr Member
Very cool idea, but the hair issue is up to you, we are all perfectionists here. You can lead a horse to water as they say.

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
WRONG! CONAN! What is good in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!

Amazing piece you have there!