Con Man: Nathan Fillion & Alan Tudyk

If it really is along the lines of "Extras meets Galaxy Quest" then it could be really good. I wonder if he'll have any posters at Megacon. I'm going to throw money at it when I get home.

I hate crowdfunding, if it's a good enough idea, a network will fund it. If it can't get funding, then I don't want to see it. Let me know when it's actually on TV and I'll look at it and not until.

I hate crowdfunding, if it's a good enough idea, a network will fund it. If it can't get funding, then I don't want to see it. Let me know when it's actually on TV and I'll look at it and not until.

It sounds like you didn't actually read the Indigogo page, did you? They have very good reasons for not going the normal network route, one of the biggest reasons is control, by self/crowd funding it they don't have to answer to any networks, and we all know smart network execs are and how much they like to meddle. The other thing is the premise of the show, it sounds like a show that's really aimed at the geek/con crowd (people like us here on the RPF) and would probably go over the heads of most mundanes.

Re: Firefly Fans - Let your voices ($) be heard!

I was waiting for him to get speared with a log... as he said "leaf in the wind" my balls crawled to my stomach.

*phew*

Like another poster said, you have to read the reasons. If a network even listened to their proposal they would be lucky if they got, "We like it. But....you need to change this, this, and this. Also, our research shows 18-24 year old's will respond better to a minority actor being the star." If you want proof go read almost any book that was turned into a TV show or movie and see if they even kept half the original story. The vast majority were changed.

Last edited:

I dunno... sounds to me like you're saying that anything that is on TV is worth the funding....

I'm sorry, but as someone who works in the industry, I can assure you, that is definitely not the case.

I mean a network funded "Who wants to Marry Harry?", where a group of women try to win the affection of Prince Harry (not knowing it was an impersonator).

I think it lasted 3 shows.

Like another poster said, you have to read the reasons. If a network even listened to their proposal they would be lucky if they got, "We like it. But....you need to change this, this, and this. Also, our research shows 18-24 year old's will respond better to a minority actor being the star." If you want proof go read almost any book that was turned into a TV show or movie and see if they even kept half the original story. The vast majority were changed.

I understand what their reasons are, I just don't care.

I dunno... sounds to me like you're saying that anything that is on TV is worth the funding....

I'm sorry, but as someone who works in the industry, I can assure you, that is definitely not the case.

I mean a network funded "Who wants to Marry Harry?", where a group of women try to win the affection of Prince Harry (not knowing it was an impersonator).

I think it lasted 3 shows.

And I watched none of them. There is a ton of crap on TV that I pay no attention to. There are also some good shows. I pay attention to the good and ignore the bad. It's easier that way.

I understand what their reasons are, I just don't care.

I'm struggling to find your contribution to this tread. Please advise.

And I watched none of them. There is a ton of crap on TV that I pay no attention to. There are also some good shows. I pay attention to the good and ignore the bad. It's easier that way.

Perhaps you should exercise this practice with threads on the RPF. This one might not be for you.

-Ss

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back