***COMPLETED**** Pcoz's Hasbro Hero Star Wars X-Wing Conversion

Pcoz

Cool.... Is that a good thing ? I'm Social Media Moron... never tweeted anything in my life, lol

I literally go on Facebook once a year to thank everybody for the birthday wishes and then disappear into the night.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent job, Pcoz! Beautiful work!

Thank you.... a lot of work but also a lot of fun. You know, as much fun as you can have rebuilding the same crap over and over until you get it right, lol

Jkirkon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Facebook? Twitter?? What the hell is that??!!

Congrats on that beautiful x-wing and making the twitter feed. Awesome job.

Pcoz

Looks brilliant! It reminds me of the large scale X wing that ILM built. Well done :)

Well....there's a reason for that. When I started weeding through the internet for reference photos, that big X-Wing (one off I'm assuming) on display was the one I found first.

Shhhhhh, don't tell anybody, but I didn't know the difference between a Revel X-Wing or an ILM X Wing back then....lol

In the end, I referenced the that large X-wing, the Red 5 Studio, Red 3 Studio, movie stills, and my own artistic liberty.....viola

Thanks for checking it out. Your own X-Wing is looking fantastic.

edspaged2

Well....there's a reason for that. When I started weeding through the internet for reference photos, that big X-Wing (one off I'm assuming) on display was the one I found first.

Shhhhhh, don't tell anybody, but I didn't know the difference between a Revel X-Wing or an ILM X Wing back then....lol

In the end, I referenced the that large X-wing, the Red 5 Studio, Red 3 Studio, movie stills, and my own artistic liberty.....viola

Thanks for checking it out. Your own X-Wing is looking fantastic.

You definitely had me thinking of the big ilm model. The weathering is spot on for this scale too. Absolutely fantastic job man! If you ever get the chance to view the large ilm miniature you definitely should.

Troydragons

Jr Member
Do you know what the measurments of your wooden base are? 20160803_190435.jpg 20160803_190435.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what the measurments of your gun tower are ? 20161103_165716_001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Last question what are the measurmments of each square block are ? 20160921_181156.jpg

pengbuzz

Sr Member
I know this thread is an old one and it would be a "necropost", but after reading every single page of this incredible build, I just had to post in this topic! What turned into a cursory look-through an old topic ended up becoming a considerable portion of my day being wowes and awed by the process recorded herein. :yay:

This has to be one of the most extensive rebuilds I have ever seen of a toy into a true replica! My hats off to Pcoz and his tenacity, skill and determination into making this!!!

Take a bow, my friend! You deserve every accolade you get on this masterpiece! Bravo!!!
-pengbuzz

Pcoz

I know this thread is an old one and it would be a "necropost", but after reading every single page of this incredible build, I just had to post in this topic! What turned into a cursory look-through an old topic ended up becoming a considerable portion of my day being wowes and awed by the process recorded herein. :yay:

This has to be one of the most extensive rebuilds I have ever seen of a toy into a true replica! My hats off to Pcoz and his tenacity, skill and determination into making this!!!

Take a bow, my friend! You deserve every accolade you get on this masterpiece! Bravo!!!
-pengbuzz
Thank you so much!

If you did really read it all (I don't even think my powers of concentration would allow me even do that, lol) I appreciate your dedication and interest. As you can tell, I taught myself along the way. It was a great experience to figure things out with a lot of help from this community.

pengbuzz

Sr Member
Thank you so much!

If you did really read it all (I don't even think my powers of concentration would allow me even do that, lol) I appreciate your dedication and interest. As you can tell, I taught myself along the way. It was a great experience to figure things out with a lot of help from this community.
You're so welcome! Thank you for sharing this with everyone here at RPF!

My background: I back in January, I had built one of MPC's 12 inch X-wing models and that needed a lot of work (or so I thought)After reading a little bit of your work in the topic, I was very much intrigued and decided to go to the beginning, to see how you did many of the details (albeit in larger form!).Star Wars MPC/ Ertl 1983 ROTJ X-Wing (1/43)

(yeah: once I find something interesting, I can end up "getting lost in it! lol! )

I was floored by the sheer amount of detail and work you put into this. Rebuilding the wings with new materials, new barrels for the laser cannons, trying to fit all that wire into the main body (and up into Artoo!), and the detail in the cockpit (lights included) were all just amazing! Winding wire around another to make the conduits in the cockpit alone would have given my wrists cramps for a month (carpal tunnel)!

I also liked your ideas for both the Death Star tile setup and the final base you used to mount your X-wing on (may try the "distressed Rebellion Phoenix" logo myself sometime!), as well as some of your other ideas on a smaller scale. I had trouble with mounting clear panels for the cockpit canopy too (replaced the chunk of clear plastic on mine with acetate and had trouble getting it to stay put!).

So yeah: I just might revisit mine after seeing what you accomplished here! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.