completed Hammerhead figure. PICS!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all. Just wanted to share PICS of my "new" hammerhead sculpt. I made a hammerhead quite a few years back but it was my first sculpt and I always wanted to go back and revisit this piece. Enjoy the PICS. The first one is with a flash and the second without.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Just wanted go give a HUGE thank you to "Wampa" for all the great reference PICS. I could not have pulled this off without your help :)

Just wanted to show pics of the completed figure :) The costume is custom and is a cross between the old toy and the production sketch.

4.jpg
5.jpg

3.jpg

Happy to help and DAMN IMPRESSED with what you've done.

You've done an amazing job of capturing the "feel" of the construction on the original and you've nailed the finish work IMO.

Incredible work my friend...

Tom

Originally posted by Wampa@Feb 14 2006, 06:53 PM
Happy to help and DAMN IMPRESSED with what you've done.

You've done an amazing job of capturing the "feel" of the construction on the original and you've nailed the finish work IMO.

Incredible work my friend...

Tom
[snapback]1184424[/snapback]​

yeah, you nailed the movie look. :thumbsup

i think most woulda gone for an "idealized" look for this ithorian, but this looks just like the one in the cantina.

awesome.

i just thought of something after reading TK409s post... what if you COULD make one wearable... with like a periscope to the eyes. LOL prob wouldnt work but thats about the only thing i could think of short of cutting holes in the neck, which would be a shame...

anyway great work...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Tom really came through with PICS for me to go by. I have also been thinking of a mask as well :) Have your head in the neck hump with maybe a small viewscreen in front and tiny cameras for you to "see" with. lol

By the way yes I am making this a life-size figure, the costume however will be a mixture of the blue vintage toy and the original drawings of the figure.

Holy smokes. :eek :eek :eek

That is awesome. Is it a resin sculpture?

Paint job is simply fantastic as well. Great work.

:eek I just have to echo everyone elses comments and say that your work looks fantastic.. He's always been one of my favorite cantina aliens. Superb job... please keep us updated an the rest of him comes together.

Thanks for the kind words. Believe it or not that is actually carved Styrofoam that you see :) I coat the foam with a product called sculpt or coat and then place a layer of cotton batten on it to cover and protect the foam. While it is still "wet" I carve the detail into the head using the end of my paint brush, instant hammerhead. lol

The body is coming along nicely, I am taking a few liberties though with it. I am taking the best elements of the different legs that have been shown and making my own version. I am also doing a little more vein work on the arms and legs to match the head better as well as the toy from the 70's :)

The head is HUGE. It is about 25 inches long, 22-24 inches high and then 18 inches wide. He is a big boy :) The hump on the head could be hollowed out for me to stick my head in it. lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back