JTurchetta

Hi everyone! Here is a look at my 1:8 scale Eaglemoss DeLorean. I was lucky enough work on the restoration team of the original A-Car, so I modeled this one after that car. I also was lucky enough to shoot the reveal trailer for that car back when it was completed, so I have riffed on my own work and recreated that trailer shot for shot using the scale model. Enjoy!

Here is the original video that I shot for comparison:

I want to buy the eaglemoss DeLorean but I was wondering do you have to pay for every subscription monthly? or can I just pay it all in full and if I do, how much does it fully cost. I live in the United States.

Last edited:
I want to buy the eaglemoss DeLorean but I was wondering do you have to pay for every subscription monthly? or can I just pay it all in full and if I do, how much does it fully cost. I live in the United States.
Yeah the eaglemoss is a monthly subscription, though you can buy separate issues on eBay at a slightly higher price. In the UK the full cost of all the eaglemoss issues is around £1,600 I think, stupidly expensive. Especially when you can buy the hot toys delorean (ready built) which is slightly larger and has more movie accurate detail and includes a Marty mcfly doll all for about £1,200.
Thank you! I have more videos of the car coming soon too!
please post!

Sorry for the long delay!
I tried to match this build as close to the original A-Car as I could, using all the photos I took of it during the restoration.
The model is also the featured model on Mike Lanes site as well as Model Modz. Here are some additional detail shots:
Here are a few photos of the model too:
QQeuqt.jpg

pxmGxd.jpg

2cBeOX.jpg

Y6paCX.jpg

NW9Ova.jpg

7L2t7p.jpg

wefa3v.jpg

lusk6b.jpg

XzT7GY.jpg

5v6zvO.jpg

1UFtWQ.jpg

GI208G.jpg

wbhegO.jpg

Great work on the build and videos.

Overall great experience with eagle-moss quality/kit? Looking to do their star trek enterprise build and curious of the quality and feel.

cheers!

Great work on the build and videos.

Overall great experience with eagle-moss quality/kit? Looking to do their star trek enterprise build and curious of the quality and feel.

cheers!
Overall, yes. EagleMoss shipping leaves a lot to be desired. However anytime I need a replacement part, they were happy to send them out at no charge. It was my first part work model, but I enjoyed it enough to do the Ecto-1. I highly recommend it!

Nice! I wish I could see the NECA Doc and Marty figures with this.
They are a little undersized. To be in correct scale, I think Marty should be about Doc’s height and Doc about a half inch or inch taller than that. If they were 9 inch figures it would be perfect.

But I do think Marty looks good behind the wheel. Its when they stand next to the car where they look a little too small.
HAuJWO.jpg

BzL0vj.jpg

Yq7BTp.jpg

VQQimY.jpg

X8JwDN.jpg

They are a little undersized. To be in correct scale, I think Marty should be about Doc’s height and Doc about a half inch or inch taller than that. If they were 9 inch figures it would be perfect.

But I do think Marty looks good behind the wheel. Its when they stand next to the car where they look a little too small.
View attachment 1432681
View attachment 1432682
View attachment 1432683
View attachment 1432684
View attachment 1432685

Looks pretty close, though. Certainly figures to use for display with the car. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back