COMPLETED!! Cannabilized ROTJ DH-17 hardware built

jedidad

:D :D :D :D :D

Greetings to all in blaster land.
Here is my most recent project. Stated building this about 2 weeks ago and I just wanted to share. I am almost done and I have already made notes on how I want to modify the next one I build. Please enjoy and suggestions on it would be appreciated. I am looking for a better way to build the piston parts on the back end.

B) Jedidad B)

pictures for comparison.
esbcanref.jpg

esbcan5.jpg

esbcanref2.jpg

esbcan3.jpg

Jedidad,

That looks fantastic. I always prefered this version to the one MR released.

What material did you use to make the diamon patterns on the grips? I've been noodling how to do this on a blaster myself.

Looking forward to more pics. Keep up the excellent work.

Ted.

From the look, the diamond-handgrip is a piece of opaque plastic ceiling tile - the pieces they put under light fixtures. Bad description, sorry.

Jay

Yes you are correct. It is a piece of a florecent light fixture panel. The diamonds are a little big but it still looks nice on the grip. Thanks for all the comments.

Jedidad

Looking great...I LOVE this blaster design...

I scratch-built it myself but sold it a few months ago, because I´m about to start a new one, based on a real MGC sterling :)

Here´s a pic of my old gem.

dh17-old.jpg

Markus

Hey Brian...since you asked about it, here´s a parts breakdown of my old blaster:

Aluminium receiver
CNC machined blaster tip
Steel scope-rail with aluminium tip real scope rings and resin SP scope
Resin sterling parts such as grip, endcap, catch, mag well, rear sight, working trigger and resin pistons

It was kind of a hybrid blaster, since I didn´t have any MGC parts at the time I built it, but regular Sterling parts. Incorrect, but worked for me ;)

Anyway...I still LOVE the design and once I receive some of the long awaited parts from BJ, I´m going to finish my ESB DH17 as well :)

You did an awesome job building all parts from scratch...
I´m too lazy :p

You can upgrade your blaster with correct pistons from CE, he´s offering them at the JY right now.

Markus

Jedi LawJaw and Jedidad,

Thank you both for the information about the diamond pattern grips. That's a great idea.

Ted. :D

Nice looking blaster and a job well done. But its the ROTJ not ESB :)

Originally posted by jedidad@Feb 10 2006, 07:23 PM
Your welcome :D That's why we are here.
Jedidad
[snapback]1180986[/snapback]​

:D :D :D :D :D

Here are a couple of update pics. I haven't had to much time to work on this one. I have been involved in secret weapons development projects. The only thing I have added since last time was the starting of the mag-well. I am not sure if I will go with the long or short mag.

Enjoy,
8) Jedidad 8)

rotjcan2.jpg

rotjcan1.jpg

rotjcan3.jpg

rotjcan4.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back