Limited Run Complete ANH Vader belts with boxes, buckles, and hooks

Cantina_Dude

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang!

I'm gearing up to produce a run of 10 complete ANH Vader belts that would basically be ready to go right out of the box and I wanted to gauge interest here on the forum.

They will come with a real leather belt (with either the accurate closure at the front with functional buckle or closure at the back with a non-functional front buckle, your choice) that is 58 mm wide (about 2.25") and features the appropriately spaced grooves along each edge. The metal boxes will come painted and weathered and featuring all the accurate lights, knobs, red rubber washers, and mesh. I will outfit the boxes with LEDs and have separate batteries/hidden switches for each box. The metal buckles will have the accurate varying width squared off slots and also come painted and weathered. For those who choose the accurate front closure, the buckles will have the hook and ring attachment to connect with the sizing holes on the front, just as the screen used belt did. For those who choose the rear closure, the front buckle will be attached in such a way as to mimic the accurate setup and include some dummy rivets with the bottom one peeking out a bit from behind the buckle, again, as seen on the screen used belt. I will also install a custom designed accurate lightsaber hook to complete the full belt.

I will be able to determine the final price once I get a full sense of how much interest there is, but I am aiming for $375 USD plus shipping (from Canada) and PayPal fees for a complete belt.

Below is my first prototype belt. The paint job on this one was done fairly quickly and loosely, but the weathering on the production pieces can be done to whatever extent and to mimic whatever scene the customer requests.

port=download&id=1ZGEVuM1QsI7CYX7YCUepR-Crx59eAwbz.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. Once I reach 10 committed buyers I will start production. If there is anyone who is interested in getting in on this run, please post in this thread and I'll start a list.

Interest:
1. (From SLD) TDurden - DELIVERED
2. (From DV Props FB Group) Raf Lothbrok - DELIVERED
3. (From DV Props FB Group) Bruce Jackson - DELIVERED
4. (From DV Props FB Group) Anthony Saragusa - DELIVERED
5. (From DV Props FB Group) Alex Ko - DELIVERED
6. (From DV Props FB Group) Akira Iwase - DELIVERED
7. (From TPD) chalback - DELIVERED
8. (From DV Props FB Group) Rick Urquhart - DELIVERED
9. (From DV Props FB Group) David Gielda - DELIVERED
10. (From DV Props FB Group) Jalen Krenz - DELIVERED

Wait List:
11. (From IG) Nick Obermaier
12. (From FB) Jordan McGinnis
13. (From SLD) VaderFanLives
14. (From FB) Jay Tiepilot
15. (From DV Props FB Group) Harry Zhu
16. (From SLD) DarkLord916
17. (From SLD) Chrisfav
18. dmpsk8
19. (From TPD) teecrooz
20. ZhangZiyi
21. (From FB) Dan DynamicMenace
22. (From TPD) jedimike1
23. (From DV Props FB Group) Brad Palan
24. (From IG) vdr_77283
25. (From FB) Josh Beckett
26. kurtyboy
27. (From SLD) legends209
28. (From FB) Anthony Döme
29. (From FB) Keegan Brosseau
30. (From SLD) tejph
31. (From FB) Massimiliano Casellato
32. (From SLD) rawdawg_rollins
33. (From FB) Françoise Voss
34. (From IG) Mike Kreykes
35. comm510
36. (From SLD) Subduedbeast
37. (From SLD) Motogpnut
38. (From IG) Rolo
39. EE89

Thanks folks!

Mike.

Last edited:
OK, I've got 10 people lined up, so I'm going to start the process of ordering materials and get production rolling! If there are additional interested people, I can add you to a waitlist and see how this first run goes. (y)

The original knobs were sourced for the production from J.A. Michell Engineering along with all sorts of other machined metal greeblies used on countless other Star Wars props and costumes. The knurled knobs used on the original ANH Vader belt boxes were the thumbscrew used to secure the top cap on the fluid arm of their high end turntables.

ANH_Vader_Belt_Box_Knobs_JA_Michell_Tonearm.jpg

The original knobs were sourced for the production from J.A. Michell Engineering along with all sorts of other machined metal greeblies used on countless other Star Wars props and costumes. The knurled knobs used on the original ANH Vader belt boxes were the thumbscrew used to secure the top cap on the fluid arm of their high end turntables.

View attachment 1480585
Thank you for letting me know but I might jus go for lookalikes if I can't find them.

Last edited:
I will indeed get back around to doing another full run of ANH Vader belts, after I do runs of ESB and ROTJ Vader belts. In between runs I have been doing one-off ANH belts on a commission basis for those who don't want to wait for the next run and don't mind paying the premium for having to order individual sets of parts rather than buying in bulk for a full run. Let me know if you want to be added to the waitlist for the next ANH Vader belt run and I will contact you when the time comes!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back