Common MGC & Marushin Replica Pistols

Sidswoorch

So my dear old Dad sold MGC and Marushin Replica Guns in the 1980s. I just sold an MGC Mauser which is obviously what the Star Wars DL-44 Blaster is based on. I have a few other All-Zinc Replicas left over from that time. Is there any RPF interest in just plain MGC revolvers and 1911’s and such these days or has Airsoft and other replicas rendered them obsolete? I am kind of curious about how this era of replicas is thought of in the prop community. I always felt the quality was very good. I cherish the ones I have and am interested in chatting with any like minded collectors. Despite their popularity there isn’t much online about them. There must be someone out there who had written a book or a thesis beyond Wikipedia? I need a replica pen-pal!

514865C7-D03A-48A6-A660-D25339864E76.jpeg

So my dear old Dad sold MGC and Marushin Replica Guns in the 1980s. I just sold an MGC Mauser which is obviously what the Star Wars DL-44 Blaster is based on. I have a few other All-Zinc Replicas left over from that time. Is there any RPF interest in just plain MGC revolvers and 1911’s and such these days or has Airsoft and other replicas rendered them obsolete? I am kind of curious about how this era of replicas is thought of in the prop community. I always felt the quality was very good. I cherish the ones I have and am interested in chatting with any like minded collectors. Despite their popularity there isn’t much online about them. There must be someone out there who had written a book or a thesis beyond Wikipedia? I need a replica pen-pal!

I still have many of my Marushin, MGC and Hudson plugfire replicas. There is a forum I am a member of that is devoted to just the plugfire replicas of any manufacturer. The link is Free forum : MP40's Modelguns Forum You will need to register to be able to post but it is easy-peasy. All kinds of information and discussion there. Feel free to PM me.

I still have many of my Marushin, MGC and Hudson plugfire replicas. There is a forum I am a member of that is devoted to just the plugfire replicas of any manufacturer. The link is Free forum : MP40's Modelguns Forum You will need to register to be able to post but it is easy-peasy. All kinds of information and discussion there. Feel free to PM me.
Oh cool! I have three plugfire replicas although the 1911 is in pretty bad shape. Will sign up there ASAP! Thank you!

I have two FN FiveSevens and one Marushin replica of the same weapon. The Marushin feels and hefts exactly the same. Even the 5.7 mm barrel versus 6 mm BB version make them difficult to differentiate. The Marushin is an excellent piece of hardware.

The MGC and Marushin replicas are excellent for training that’s for sure. The first time I handled actual firearms was an easy transition having spent so much time with them. Good clean fun.

Hi Sidswoorch!!! Big fan of the MGC replicas. I started buying them back in the 70's. Luckily, I still have them all.
I've got tons of scans of their catalogs and pamphlets. Let me know what you're looking for.

I'm also a member of the MP40 Modelgun Forum and I recently posted my restoration of a few of the old Replica models. Here are the links I think you'll enjoy:

Feel free to contact me.
Ed

Hi Sidswoorch!!! Big fan of the MGC replicas. I started buying them back in the 70's. Luckily, I still have them all.
I've got tons of scans of their catalogs and pamphlets. Let me know what you're looking for.

I'm also a member of the MP40 Modelgun Forum and I recently posted my restoration of a few of the old Replica models. Here are the links I think you'll enjoy:

Feel free to contact me.
Ed
Oh yes! Nice work! I have one or two of the pamphlets kicking around somewhere. Right now I’m looking to track down a .38 detective special. I’m almost positive MGC made them. Incredible work on all those replicas. I had no idea they made the Man from U.N.C.L.E. set. Did they make any other special fantasy sets like that?

Not much. They did everything from ancient weapons to modern weapons. Granted they eventually stopped making metal models and went with plastic but the realism went up a few notches when they did. I think the most realistic one I have is Hudson's Thompson M1A1, it does everything except firing real bullets and it is made of metal.

I have two FN FiveSevens and one Marushin replica of the same weapon. The Marushin feels and hefts exactly the same. Even the 5.7 mm barrel versus 6 mm BB version make them difficult to differentiate. The Marushin is an excellent piece of hardware.

I have been trying to get my hands on one of those Fn FiveSevens for years. I wanted one for my BSG cosplay but they are a rare as hens's teeth fo find even as an airsoft.

Feel free to contact me.
Ed

Ed,

I enjoyed your restoration articles immensely, very informative and well laid out. I have an idea about your 1910 suppressor I'll pm to you in a bit.

Don

Thanks for starting this. Was fortunate to have quite a bit growing up, unfortunately sold them all. Will now look for photos I took of them back in the day. Remember my older brother giving me grief saying "with all the money you spent on those fake guns, you could by some real ones". So, I blame him for not having my collection. lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back