Commision P2 spear UPDATE 01/02/2011 All finished

punhulk

Ok guys so here is my current commision im doing for xenosphinx its a P2 spear which i think is close casting to icons piece

So far i have fitted the spacing covers over the light housing that had been wired and put in by elkman.
I also repaired a crack at one side of the spear and filled a chip on the spear.Than I liquid masked the glass and primered the main spear and i primered and put first coat on the spear blades.

More Pics to come today

DSC00873.JPG

DSC00875.JPG

DSC00876.JPG

Ok guys Sorry for the late update with the holidays happening hard to get everything done in a day. But here is a update So far i have finished the Copper paint and i have added Flat black However the weathering is still to dark so ill be steel wooling the black off some more once i get the shading right ill move on to completely mounting the blade ends in the pics there just mocked up on the main portion of the spear and Than i will blend all the colors together From there i will work on the grip colors enjoy more to come

DSC00878.JPG

DSC00879.JPG

Ok guys here is final pics and spear is all done pics dont really do it justice and im not so good with a camera either haha
case you guys are wondering the grip is a layering of Moss,smoke grey and sweet cream the rest of the spear is Hammered copper, and flat black blended through out

So enjoy if you guys have any questions please feel free to ask or comment

DSC00882.JPG

DSC00883.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00885.JPG

DSC00886.JPG

thanks for looking
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
nice work so far,i have the same one wich i'll be starting on next week i hope.looking forward for the follow up :)

Thanks guys for the comments more pics to come ill try and load them tonight. trying to rush to work right now haha

to anwser your question gene no but not my spear so order is to just mount the blade studs and paint it up which to me will still look sweet when im done with it

more to come guys so stay tuned

=) Matt

Ok guys so here is my current commision im doing for xenosphinx its a P2 spear which i think is close casting to icons piece

So far i have fitted the spacing covers over the light housing that had been wired and put in by elkman.
I also repaired a crack at one side of the spear and filled a chip on the spear.Than I liquid masked the glass and primered the main spear and i primered and put first coat on the spear blades.

More Pics to come today

thanks for looking
Matt

Where did you get the spear from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all. Yes it was one from Ebay it is in no way the MR combi which is nearly trice the diameter and is shorter. This is most likely a recast of the Icons piece. After extensive searching for a descent combi I could modify this was the best I could find since as of yet there is not a good one on the market im aware of outside of this piece. The icons piece was more acurate from what I understand than the MR version which I do have but, who wants to break that open.

Thanks All for the Kind words

Larry Thankyou For clarification Always go to the Owner for the Anwsers i always say ;)

See above for the update guys

Buon Natale e le Vacanze Felici

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back