COMICS: Predator #1

sabres21768

Cover art for the new Predator series, set to debut this year, has surfaced.

Honestly...I can't say I'm liking this very much.

These just don't seem like Preds to me.

predator1.jpg

Written by John Arcudi, art by Javier Saltares, cover by Raymond Swanland.

The world's attention is focused painfully on a brutal third world Civil War, a merciless sectarian conflict sparing neither soldier nor civilian, grandmother nor child. But amidst the terror and carnage, where great nations and powerful interests jockey for position and advantage, another blood feud rages in the shadows, one no more humane but decidedly less human. Two warring tribes from the stars have chosen Earth's killing fields as their arena, with each clan sworn to eradicate the other . . . and all who stand between them. Each is the other's prey, each the other's Predator.

32 pages $3.50, in stores on June 24.

Well I like the art and styles. But not many comic book artist really understand "Predator Aesthetics" like we fans do.
The soldiers look more like Gundam space armor than the traditional Predator armor. So they try their best.

It's like a crossbreed between HALO, SW's Clonetroopers and Predators....

This is just a cover I'm sure, but it might be cool enough to pick up...

Hmm. We've always seen Preds hunting, it would be interesting to see what a Pred vs Pred war would be like. Should be pretty cool, considering all the whoop-ass they lay down on a regular ol' hunting trip. Does look a tad too 'Halo-ish' to me though.

yeah i don't like it. the art as art goes is cool. nice story telling in it, but, it does not look pred at all to me.
"Green thumbs down"

I have to agree...far too much like a cross between Warhammer and Halo, not enough Predator influence. Nice try at making it different...just a little too different.

yeah i don't like it. the art as art goes is cool. nice story telling in it, but, it does not look pred at all to me.
"Green thumbs down"

I agree! I don't like it either. Looks like it probably would not hold much appeal to fans but might be OK for the normal young Homo- Sapien!

Nice artwork but the white & red helmets looks like they are hurrying to get this battle over so they can get their bikes and make it in time for the start of the Tour Fe France race>

IF and only IF the story is taking place in the far future (like an alternate future), a time where the Yautja's technology, culture, and home planet has grown immensely from the current status quo, then it could be interesting and possibly cool.....but not for anything that is to be considered a part of the normal continuity of the predator series from P1 to AVP-R.

i think they look awesome ive always wondered if we would ever get to see a military kind of pred because the ones we always see are hunters cant wait to read the comic

just one thing though doesn't the main pred look a bit like Megatron from the new transformers movies

Comics are a strange beast!
Half the time the Covers are fantastic and the main artwork is crap! or the otherway around
Not often you find that both are great (AVP original, Concrete Jungle)
This cover reminds me of bad Planet of the Apes covers
I'll Reserve judgment till i digest the issue/s

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back