Comicon St. Louis in April.. Decisions to be made

diehlrs

April Comicon is coming up soon. (first one I can attend do to work) I need to decide on doing Red Hood and the outlaws or DrFate. I’m going to finish the helmets for both, but what do you all think so far?
20140107_224304.jpg20140107_224311.jpg20140107_224241.jpg20140107_224246.jpg
This is my first time ever making anything like this. Can't seem to get the hang of using bondo. I've don't seem to be using enough in some spots and to much in others! lol

Ill be there Im working on a deathstroke costume and my gf is going to be either deadpool or harley quinn hope to see you there!

Like some have said you don't see Dr Fate a lot at cons and you see different Red Hoods, but I really in the Northwest haven't seen many 52'ish Red Hood's. You see more of the original "Under the Red Hood" helmets.

As the others have said above, Dr. Fate is much rarer, and I'd also argue that he's infinitely cooler and more interesting the Red Hood. His costume is much more ethereal and elegant, which beats the "punk" look any day in my book.

Ok. I'm going with the Dr. Fate costume.
I have the blue body suit ordered in, trying to decide on belt on which style I want to use.
Having a slight issue with the helmet now that I got it smoothed out on the outside. I put an extra layer of fiberglass on the inside, and since then it's constricted on me.. Going to have to try and stretch it out a bit.. Same thing just happened to me on another project.. does Bondo on the outside of the helmet cause constriction? I had a foam helmet that was fitting great.. till I put another layer of bondo on it.. now it's almost to tight to wear.. going to try to spread these out with wooden rods.
Pics of the final helmet coming soon! (if I don't break it with the rods that is)

I lost track of how many times I've sanded, bondo'd and re-sanded.. but this is what it looks like before I go to the final paint..20140205_211225.jpg
Now to decide on the belt and cape style! (and try to make my GF a costume..)

its lokin good! Which versio are you going for? The 90's version is my favorite, and m currently working on the new 52 version. Here's my current costume. Let me know if you have any questions I can help with!
Dustin
166008_10100379856267068_2075611159_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back