Comic Stlye Human Huntress Build For My Wife Wip Update 20121006

hannay07

Jr Member
So with the Las Vegas comicon coming in Sep, my wife wanted to have a very unique costume. Well today she finally decided. I will be making a poison ivy style human huntress suit for her. I have a small P1 helmet that will work great for her so that will be moded hopefully this weekend. The idea is to make pred armor, but add the vines and leafs of poison ivy. Underneath the armor she will have the poison ivy look as well. I think this will be a fun mash up to try and really expand on the comic style helmets I have been doing. Sound off with ideas and thoughts if you dont mind, definitly need to get the creative juices flowing. Thanks for reading, and pics soon to come.

hey man i make female predarmour check out my profile it could help with some ideas,good luck with it brother

hey man i make female predarmour check out my profile it could help with some ideas,good luck with it brother
Thanks man. I will probably use some of your armor as insperation since the wife likes it. I want to try and stay cheap, so going to attempt to make the armor myself. Probably going to do foamies to keep it light weight for her.
So a pretty small update. I am using a small P1 bio I acquired here on the lair when I first joined to use for this armor. I learned 2 things while trying to strecth out the checks a little. The first was that whoever made this bio, did it in fiberglass resin. The next was that fiberglass doesnt stretch like I was reading you can do with some other resins. I used a sandable adhesive called click bond, similar to bondo, to fix some of the damaged spots that came after I used the heat gun on the cheeks. Also used it to fill some holes in the top part of the crown. More to come, thanks for looking!
DSCF1160.JPG

DSCF1162.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finished moding the small P1 for my wife, and Im really happy with how it came out. She likes it a lot, so now I need to move on to the armor. Let me know what you guys think. I will also put the pics in the comic bio thread I made as well, seems appropriate.

DSCF1168.JPG

DSCF1169.JPG

Well after 2 weeks with my family back home in tx and a week to get back in the grove of work Im finally getting started again. I picked up some shine guards today to use for the wifes armor and I have been playing with foamies (A LOT!). Well this is were I am at so far.

DSCF1209.JPG

The white piece, which is a shoulder bell with out the curve yet, is going to have some spikes that I will paint to look like thorns. The other shoulder was just something I did and thought looked good. I am almost finished with the thigh piece, which is the layered one. The armor is being loosely based off of this female pred I have (which I learned later was a recast to my dismay. Got it before I learned about the lair and recast).
DSCF1210.JPG

Im trying to get hers done as fast as I can since I can wear my suit without all the armor. She is pretty happy with it so far Let me know what you all think, and thanks for looking

So the shin guards are done and I got the spikes for her shoulder bell. Started working on the torso armor. This is going to be one piece. She is really liking how it is coming along, and Im hoping it looks good after its painted. Anyway, on to the pics. Thanks for looking and commenting
DSCF1214.JPG

DSCF1215.JPG

So I know I have been pretty stagnet on this for a while, but I have a nice big update for everybody interested. My wife made the dreads for her helmet, I finished the shoulder bells, the shin guards and her thigh piece. I just have to finish the chest/back piece and her gauntlets. She made her a new 52 poison ivy suit to go with the armor. I want to hunt with her Sunday, so tomorrow is my last day to work on this. I really hope I can get it knocked out. Wish me luck (even though I am pushing it lol), and thanks for looking. Any who, on to the pics.
DSCF1235.JPG

DSCF1236.JPG

So I didnt get everything finished like I wanted to, but enough for her to hunt and people knew what she was too. I will post a pic of the chest plate/back plate here soon, but here is a pic of here with another poison ivy from the expo. Also one of me and her together. Im pretty happy with how it turned out, and she really likes it. All I really need to do now is make her some gauntlets.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:4479]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:4481]

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back