Comic Spidey, Blackcat & Ms Marvel Builds

brulafu

Well, this is the start of a three build thread.

I've been lurking for ages getting ideas and the like and although I've got a TK, I've been in the mood to do something different for myself and my girlfriend wants in on the act too.

I've decided to go for a Comic Spidey for myself, the girlfriend, who I'll refer to as Miss D cos it's easier than 'the girlfriend'....initially wanted to go for Ms. Marvel (the golden lightening strike version as opposed to the star flash version) and I posted a question on this forum to see what would be the perfect 'partner' for spidey....overwhelmingly it was Blackcat.....so, on that basis, she changed her mind and agreed, however, still wants to go with Ms. Marvel. Guess what !! Were doing both....

As for spidey, i decided to go for the McFarlane styel spidey and have sorted out frames from Brad. I also didn't want to go for a complete printed suit, so bad is sorting me out with urethane spiders for the front and back. The face shell has been sorted too and was lucky enough to get in the run that was on here earlier last week.

I'm still unsure whether to go for a one piece costume or to go with a two piece and have a separate mask. If I go one piece and remembering I will have a urethane spider on the back, the zip wont be able to go up the back, should I zip it from the underarm and down along the belt at the back and back up the other arm ? Any advice would be great.

As for Miss Ds costumes, I'm just in the process of measuring up. I'll be using Cire Lycra (wet look) for both.

I found a link for a wig, but lost it....I think it's on here under someone else's Blackcat, so I'll check that out.

I'll post pics of what I'm using as reference tomorrow and will post the ongoing build here...

Any comments are MORE than welcome.

:)

As promised...these are the inspirations that Im going for...

Attachments

• Spiderman16.jpg
    Spiderman16.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 305
Latest update: Nothing much happening. Still waiting for all the parts to arrive before I can make a start.

The first item I've received is the mask for Blackcat/Ms.Marvel, hopefully everything else starts coming fairly quickly.

Its getting exciting now....I received an important delivery (not the most important delivery, but still fairly important) :thumbsup

Next to arrive is the flat printed spidey sheet and tonight I will be sending the measurements off for both the BlackCat and Ms. Marvel outfits to be sewn up.

Cheers guys.

The eyes were from Brad (spidey4fun).

All the measurements for BlackCat an Ms. Marvel (Warbird) have been made and sent off, so it's a 3-4 week wait for those.

I'm using Cire material to give a PVC effect but it's more like a wet look spandex.

The next step I reckon is getting the spidey print to be made up..

We're getting there :)

New Pics in - Just been told the print has arrived and is being sent up to me today.

The pics are from a phone, so wont do it much justice, but I'm loving the colour of the red already.....

Me Likey !!!

I've just received the prints and they are looking good. Now for the interesting bit...the sewing bit !!!

Hold on...I should have rotated these.....

Looks great so far! How difficult in the sewing part? I'd imagine really difficult. I always wanted to do a Spidey suit but my sewing skills are not that great. I have enough to get by ;)

I know he's been busy lately, maybe I was lucky !!

Here's a pic of everything once its been cut out. It looks kind of straight forward, if you are a seamstress or have an overlocker sewing maching and know how to use it.

I however, dont. My mother however does....She's retired now and is wondering what a 38 year old is doing dressing up....What do I tell her ? :)

I know he's been busy lately, maybe I was lucky !!

Here's a pic of everything once its been cut out. It looks kind of straight forward, if you are a seamstress or have an overlocker sewing maching and know how to use it.

I however, dont. My mother however does....She's retired now and is wondering what a 38 year old is doing dressing up....What do I tell her ? :)

You just tell her Spider-man is fun for adults and children. He's just far too epic to pass up the chance to step into his shoes. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back