"Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan's Hope" documentary...

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope Official Trailer #1 - Morgan Spurlock Movie (2012) HD - YouTube
Read good things about it last year, hoping it has a DVD release early this year.

comic-con20poster.jpeg

Last edited:
Holly Conrad, who does the Mass Effect armor, is a member here, and is extraordinarily talented. From the trailer, it looks as if she is the only one that doesn't come off looking like a total tool in the movie. Go Holly!

I am very excited about this ! I LOVE SDCC and while I've enjoyed all the years I've gone I wish I was able to go every year.

Does anyone know if all the filming was done in one year (2011) or if it spans a few years ?

Lol, my wife sent me a link to this just seconds ago...and then i stumbled across this.
Apparently it's playing in Miami beach on April 7, which inckudes a q&a with spurlock and a costume contest, movie prop display and some other stuff.

its not that i didnt want to go before

now i just want t o go more desperately :D

but, seeing the flight ticket both ways alone would cost me 2000 bucks minimum, thats never gonna happen :/

I'm somewhat local (SF) and it would still cost me 2000.. the hotel prices are flipping rediculous..

Saw this when it premiered at the Toronto Film Festival back in September. I liked it. Yes, it was shot at SDCC 2010. They basically just followed a few people around for the whole weekend and made a doc about it.

Definitely worth a look as it does a good job of covering most aspects of the con (vendors, costumers, regular fans, artists). Plus, I think there's a shot somewhere in there of a really awesome Pedobear suit.

its not that i didnt want to go before

now i just want t o go more desperately :D

but, seeing the flight ticket both ways alone would cost me 2000 bucks minimum, thats never gonna happen :/

Meh. If there were about half as many people, then maybe. ComiCon is WAY over-crowded, over-priced, and over-hyped. I'm not saying it's not cool (it IS pretty sweet), but it's not the "meccha of geekness" that everyone claims it is. Every time you think you're about to enjoy yourself, your favorite exclusive is sold out, a guest you came to see cancelled, an event you bought a ticket for was double-booked (and you couldn't get in because you didn't think you had to stand in line for four hours for something you had a ticket for), and everything is about five times more expensive then it should be (food, hotels, transportation, etc.).

My advice? Live through the hype and don't experience it first hand.

Meh. If there were about half as many people, then maybe. ComiCon is WAY over-crowded, over-priced, and over-hyped. I'm not saying it's not cool (it IS pretty sweet), but it's not the "meccha of geekness" that everyone claims it is. Every time you think you're about to enjoy yourself, your favorite exclusive is sold out, a guest you came to see cancelled, an event you bought a ticket for was double-booked (and you couldn't get in because you didn't think you had to stand in line for four hours for something you had a ticket for), and everything is about five times more expensive then it should be (food, hotels, transportation, etc.).

id honestly just be happy to have any cons anywhere close that i could reach without busting a two year student budget. but, as i keep saying, nothing up here in narnia....

I have to agree. I only went once in 2009 and that was plenty enough for me. It was cool to say I got to see so many famous people at panels but the waiting in lines sucked so badly. This will be my 8th year at Dragon Con, which I think is much fan friendly and costumer oriented. SDCC is just too much of a media blitz now.

Just watched this movie on iTunes. Very decent. It wasn't as good as I had hoped but fun to watch nonetheless. It also gets you ready for Comic Con!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back