Comic Con Chicago 2011

Nevermind...apparently their tour schedule is listed on the official Old Republic website. New York and Seattle will get to see the demos eventually but not Chicago. LAME! Guess we are too cool :lol

I'll be there!

As far as actual comic cons go (meaning "big dealer area" in my mind), Wizard World Chicago is a very large con. Their average attendance is around 60,000 people or so. By way of comparison (though a completely different type of con), Dragon Con gets around 40,000.

I'm down with a meet up if anyone else is
I'm gonna be hopefully going in my soon-to-be-completed Tron Legacy costume
And my gf is going as Babydoll from Sucker Punch, but the white and rhinestone get up
=]

anyone from chicago or been there enough to know of any other stuff to do there? not like regular tourest stuff, but the lesser known stuff.

well when we went to Philly for that comic con, we went and saw a bunch of the filming locations for Rocky and saw Adrian's Grave. We went to Gino's and Pat's the famous cheesesteak places that are located right next to each other. stuff like that i guess.

I can't seem to find any good info on the official site regarding what to actually expect in terms of booths, items, dealers, etc... if you've never been to one of these before. Is this mostly just comic books and artists or will there be a nice selection of movie and videogame busts/statues/figures to shop for, too?

There's a HUGE amount of comic stuff, but there are also a great deal of stuff to buy (not so much companies, but dealers).

Cool...I want to go with my brother, but we're both just into figures. I'm also getting into busts and statues, but not comics at all.

Another cool attraction is the alley where john dillinger died, well not interesting at all its just an alley. I actually saw the filming of that scene for public enemies. I'm thinking of going to the Con but probably not in costume since I have nothing at the moment.

I've been going since around 1990 with Jodokast3 long before it was a Wizard con. It's had it's ups and downs, but I enjoy it every year. Mind you I have never been to Dragon or SDCC so I can't compare. But I never miss it.

Agreed, A lot bigger than people were making it out to be.
Had a ton of fun...will be posting pics soon
If anyone else has pics, would love to see them!

Chicago comic con was my first con and I had a blast! Ill post some pics that me and my brother took when I get a hold of the SD card. Boy there was a lot of people Saturday!

Colin

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back